Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: omarsultan
This is terrific. Thanks for the videos. Is there a video or photo showing Xpel 50 vs nothing? I might have missed that and would love to see the impact of tinting at 50% for the overall aesthetics. (The video does a great job of showing that 50% doesn’t impact the brake lights/safety, but I’m curious how it looks in the lit garage or daylight relative to no tint)

This is terrific. Thanks for the videos. Is there a video or photo showing Xpel 50 vs nothing? I might have missed that and would love to see the impact of tinting at 50% for the overall aesthetics. (The video does a great job of showing that 50% doesn’t impact the brake lights/safety, but I’m curious how it looks in the lit garage or daylight relative to no tint)
I did miss that combo 🤦🏻‍♂️Sorry, it was 1am at the time I was shooting haha. Will take off the 35% tonight to compare 50% to nothing. Will post photos either later today or tomorrow morning.👍

Reactions: impastu
Here is the dog seat cover--3 parts: a protector for each door and the hammock part that hooks on the front and rear headrests, plus a storage bag. There are slits in the main piece so you can get at the seat belts if you use harnesses.

IMG_0053.jpeg
IMG_0054.jpeg
IMG_0055.jpeg

How long would you estimate it takes to put on and take off? Thanks
Under five min:
  • Hang the door protectors--they have little plastic tabs that tuck into the window opening
  • Hook the front loops over the front seat headrests
  • There are plastic toggle that tuck into the gap between the rear seat back and seat bottom to hold the cover in place
  • Hook the rear loops over the rear headrests
  • Add dog

Sorry, I can’t believe those guys are still in business. The in-house made stuff Mark was peddling 2-3 years ago was pure puke. The guys at my Service Center literally laughed at the quality. Hopefully things have changed for the better and they are more of a distributor or have better design and partners now.

An example or two from the past
  • The wireless charger he was selling for the S was a poorly hand-cut sandwich of two pieces of foam. Inside was the cheapest charger you could get. Probably 5 bucks of material he was selling for something like 75.
  • The ‘Tesla’ flask was a generic item with a vinyl logo stuck on. Me and my Cricut did better at home.
  • Same with the ‘custom’ cargo container for the trunk.
  • Don’t even get me started on the vinyl appliqués. Well, ok. They were great if you kept everyone 15 feet from your car. At that distance they looked spectacular. :)

I rarely speak this bad about anything. Apologies.

Like I said, hopefully they sell or make better stuff today. Our cars are too nice to have pre-schooler projects put in or stuck on them unless they are indeed from our own toddlers.
+1. I was burned by RPM Tesla as well. Poor, poor quality products. I bought white center console covers to try to cover the piano black finish for my MY. Wow! When I saw the actual white covers I was shocked at what a joke it was. And into the trash bin it went. Yup, vinyl logo was a joke too. I thought to myself, maybe if I’m a teenager, I just might be ok with it. But come on, after spending nearly $70k on the MY, I was about to cheapen the car with tacky, low quality products. RPM Tesla was a rip off.

It should be matte. I’ve pretty much decided to forgo the SunTek Reaction (with built in ceramic) for the Xpel Stealth. Looks hot on MSM.
So, the XPEL Stealth came...indeed, it's Matte. Phew 😅

Here are some pics of the door sill in XPEL Stealth (Matte).
I also just listed it as an option for the MS door sills on my store (TWRAPS).

Attachments

• IMG_0309 2.jpeg
    IMG_0309 2.jpeg
    475.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0310.jpeg
    IMG_0310.jpeg
    646.3 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0312.jpeg
    IMG_0312.jpeg
    293.9 KB · Views: 164