Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In retrospect, I personally prefer how the matte looks as it matches the interior. In the other hand you only see it when you open the door and in my case my car is black which is a high gloss color so with an open door it matches the paint of the car better 🤷🏻‍♂️

Attaching a few unedited photos. Driver's side is glossy, passenger side is matte.
Just got my order--really well packaged and shipped quickly--looking forward to installing this weekend (I'll take pics).

Just got my order--really well packaged and shipped quickly--looking forward to installing this weekend (I'll take pics).
@omarsultan & @Iyordanov , I also received my order today also. I thought the same thing about the packaging. Definitely looking forward to installing the matte sill covers when I finally take delivery of my MS LR. Thanks again for the quick shipment @Iyordanov .

You don’t need a 5 socket set. Just get the one that fits Tesla lug nuts 21 mmm . Search for

Sunex 284321 1/2-Inch Drive 21-mm Extra Long Thin Wall Wheel Protector Impact Socket​

I'd suggest a deep 6 point socket, instead of a 12 point. Easier on the nuts, esp if you have on old car with the soft stainless covers.

Any socket from a impact set will do well, as long as you don't use the impact wrench! Always hand brake nuts loose with a breaker bar and torque with a torque wrench.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu
Sweet.

i can understand your desire and need for a cover.

But for most, would not recommend. If any dirt gets between cover and paint, it can act like grit or sandpaper. Micro swirl city. Plus condensation trapped in there might not be so good either.

This is true if you use the cover outside, and over a dirty car.

I only use my Tesla cover in the garage, after dusting and detailing if needed. Been a year since I washed the car.

• Informative
I just got the email notification for pre-orders available for Tesmanian floor mats…
Placed my pre-order for combo set of 3 cargo mats…. Expected delivery October 20 (limited Qty)

View attachment 711874View attachment 711875

Soooo...will these mats fold over during a launch?

I'd suggest a deep 6 point socket, instead of a 12 point. Easier on the nuts, esp if you have on old car with the soft stainless covers.

Any socket from a impact set will do well, as long as you don't use the impact wrench! Always hand brake nuts loose with a breaker bar and torque with a torque wrench.
The Sunnex is a deep 6 point and it is also thin walled so it fits and it is plastic covered so it doesn’t scratch and it has a built in longer extension so you don’t need to add one — all improvements on the avg impact set socket

Just an update. My pre-orders for the cargo mat set and the Sunshade were shipped. Should arrive in a week.
268F6443-B2B8-43CE-9F04-C5BF9915ACA2.jpeg
338381BD-E385-4E3C-94AE-44400A7BF434.jpeg

For those of you with MSM. Has anyone installed either the Reaction (built in ceramic 'coat') or the Ultra Matte from SunTek?

I've used SunTek for last 6 cars or so happy with their line. Installers have told me the Matte on MSM is very subtle so not sure about it.

The Reaction has a longer warranty (12 vs 10) and seems pretty cool as you won't need a ceramic 'refresh' as it is built into the film.....thoughts?

And also any good installers in SoCal? I contacted both Custom Car Care and Ghost and they seem to know their stuff (wrap around edges, second layers, removal of repeaters and spoiler, etc.).

I'll probably end up using the same guy that did my other cars, but would like to see some of the work from these other shops as they are local and he has to come do it in my garage.
I have Reaction on my MSM.

19A3F98A-26BF-472F-926A-6FBC608ADB36.jpeg

Your car is beautiful. Any regrets going with the Reaction? I ask because I am scheduled to get a full SunTek Reaction wrap the first week of November when my Model S is delivered.
SunTek makes great PPF. It’s been on all my cars since 2002. Their Reaction will go on my wife’s red MYP. I wish the SunTek Matte was a little less subtle. It doesn’t distinguish itself enough so going with Xpel Stealth on my MSM. It was between Stealth and Reaction for my Plaid.

Bottom line? You can’t go wrong with films from SunTek or Xpel. The Reaction is beautiful on anything. The Stealth is gorgeous on MSM.

Last edited:
Your car is beautiful. Any regrets going with the Reaction? I ask because I am scheduled to get a full SunTek Reaction wrap the first week of November when my Model S is delivered.
Thank you. No regrets at all. But I had a great installer and that, of course, plays a significant role. I don't know how hydrophobic Reaction is on its own because I had it ceramic coated as well. Good luck with your decision.

Very. Very. Nice. You confirmed my choice for MSM. It’s hot without being too loud for this old man. Thanks.

I think I’m leaning towards the Xpel Stealth for something just a tad bit different.
I agree - MSM is a sneaky good-looking low key color. The car itself looks much better in person (in any color, quite frankly). It's far more aggressive than pictures can capture. The 21" wheels and wide tires match the body lines perfectly. I absolutely love this car and I've had AMGs, Ms and other high performance sedans.