Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

An update from me... for the past week I've released a few new products/accessories for the new Model S. Here they are:

Center Console Wrap​

Headlights Tint made with XPEL™️ Slate Smoke 50%​

Hood Mini PPF​

Door Handle Guards (PPF)​

Calipers Vinyl Covers​

Colored Door Sills (Front only - Carbon Fiber Black, Carbon Fiber White, Matrix Black)

Next up - dash + door trims wrap, some more PPF and windows tint (DYI pre-cut!) using XPEL™️ Prime XR.
Hey @iyordanov , quick question - what's the diff between Tesla Red Multi-Coat and Gloss Dragon Fire Red? Do you happen to have those side-by-side or a video showcasing those two colors? I can't discern much of a difference from your store pics, at least on my monitor.

Reactions: impastu
Hey @iyordanov , quick question - what's the diff between Tesla Red Multi-Coat and Gloss Dragon Fire Red? Do you happen to have those side-by-side or a video showcasing those two colors? I can't discern much of a difference from your store pics, at least on my monitor.
Sorry about the site photos, need to redo them indeed. I am attaching a few pics. On the left is the red multi coat and on the right it’s the gloss dragon fire.
To describe the difference - red multi coat closely matches the Tesla red. It is darker than the gloss dragon fire and has something like sparkles. The gloss dragon fire is lighter, a bit orangey under some angles and it’s very smooth, no visible pattern of anything.

Attachments

• 2C1F3E52-DC76-483B-89BC-93B52821601C.jpeg
    2C1F3E52-DC76-483B-89BC-93B52821601C.jpeg
    482.9 KB · Views: 137
  • 494C7BFC-C077-4D35-A3C7-75F0B3652308.jpeg
    494C7BFC-C077-4D35-A3C7-75F0B3652308.jpeg
    375.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 06AED155-8232-4883-8B05-C714B068C599.jpeg
    06AED155-8232-4883-8B05-C714B068C599.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 117
Sorry about the site photos, need to redo them indeed. I am attaching a few pics. On the left is the red multi coat and on the right it’s the gloss dragon fire.
To describe the difference - red multi coat closely matches the Tesla red. It is darker than the gloss dragon fire and has something like sparkles. The gloss dragon fire is lighter, a bit orangey under some angles and it’s very smooth, no visible pattern of anything.
Thank you! These pictures show the differences really well.

Attachments

• IMG_9305.JPG
    IMG_9305.JPG
    350.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_9310.JPG
    IMG_9310.JPG
    312.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_9316.JPG
    IMG_9316.JPG
    348.5 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_9319.JPG
    IMG_9319.JPG
    449.5 KB · Views: 117
I took delivery of my Model S Plaid last Friday. It was then in the detail shop for PPF and window tinting until mid-week. I am waiting for a sunny day (that I hope will be this weekend) to take some pictures and post in the forum. In the meantime, I found these shoulder pads on eBay and placed an order hoping they would be here by the end of the year (as they are shipped out of Russia). I placed the order on October 28. The shoulder pads shipped on November 2 and arrived on November 12. I am really pleased with the product. Here is how they look in the car:

Shoulder Pad Front.jpg
Shoulder Pad Rear.jpg

I took delivery of my Model S Plaid last Friday. It was then in the detail shop for PPF and window tinting until mid-week. I am waiting for a sunny day (that I hope will be this weekend) to take some pictures and post in the forum. In the meantime, I found these shoulder pads on eBay and placed an order hoping they would be here by the end of the year (as they are shipped out of Russia). I placed the order on October 28. The shoulder pads shipped on November 2 and arrived on November 12. I am really pleased with the product. Here is how they look in the car:

View attachment 732624View attachment 732625
Link?

Has anyone had any experiences with floor mats from cocomats.com?
I have not. The only place I have experience with is formytesla.com. I ordered floor mats from them back in 2013 for my P85 and they help up great over the 8 years I had that car. The carpet quality was great (held up well, showed minimum wear, cleaned-up easily) and he has lots of customization options, including custom logos.

I checked in with him when I got my car, but he did not have the template in yet for the Palladium cars.

I'm headed to Tahoe in like January/February. If there is snow, it'll be my first time driving in the snow. Also, my first time buying snow chains.

Anyone figure out what snow chains work for the 19" wheels? I just emailed Konig and asked if their Konig K-Summit XL K55 will work for the Model S.

On Tesla's store, I noticed they sell the X45. Crossmatching Konig's website, it looks like X45 is meant for 245/40/19 tires (2012-2020 Model S). And X55 is for 285/40/19 tires.

Last edited:
I'm headed to Tahoe in like January/February. If there is snow, it'll be my first time driving in the snow. Also, my first time buying snow chains.

Anyone figure out what snow chains work for the 19" wheels? I just emailed Konig and asked if their Konig K-Summit XL K55 will work for the Model S.

On Tesla's store, I noticed they sell the X45. Crossmatching Konig's website, it looks like X45 is meant for 245/40/19 tires (2012-2020 Model S). And X55 is for 285/40/19 tires.
Two suggestions:
1) Practice putting on and taking off your chains in your driveway until you feel confident--nothing sucks more that trying to put chains on for the first time in the dark and in the snow
2) The Tesla traction control is very good, but sometimes, if the snow is deep, "slip start" is your friend

PS Assume you have all season tires or winter tires already