Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also got one of these from Abstract Ocean. Probably not going to install it on the car but I thought it might be a cool garage decoration or I can put some magnetic tape on the back and use it as a refrigerator magnet;)

EF6360B3-A77A-4213-9BAD-03B89113A041.jpeg

5CDD862C-EBCF-4FE7-B8F7-A509AE9D06CE.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: impastu
Received this fun door mat the other day
View attachment 753180
I could put that outside my driver side door every time I leave the car!

There are new matrix headlights and new treatment in the rear with new tail lights that look more like the 3/Y. The horizontal bar between the tail lights is also now missing or is body colored (hard to tell from pics). None of this has hit the EPC yet.

The headlights look like they could be a drop-in replacement--the tail lights look like they are a different shape, so not sure about those.

Reactions: cwanja and impastu
There are new matrix headlights and new treatment in the rear with new tail lights that look more like the 3/Y. The horizontal bar between the tail lights is also now missing or is body colored (hard to tell from pics). None of this has hit the EPC yet.

The headlights look like they could be a drop-in replacement--the tail lights look like they are a different shape, so not sure about those.
what are we thinking these will matrix headlights will run for? same for the tail lights? any ideas?

Oh gosh. i pasted the wrong link, and can’t find a way to edit. Sorry, mods! Here’s the right link:

I have not tried them but they certainly appear more prominent than the Amazon generic ones. I’d prefer slightly more subtle

So...I followed the advice of others on this and had Expel PFF to my normal ceramic package on the just delivered '22 MSLR. I'm a bit skeptical, but I was skeptical about ceramic and now I'm a fanboy. Regardless, I'll report back in a couple of years. Screen protectors seemed critical so ordered front and rear from Tesmanian, along with a car seat protector for when one of the grands is in a car seat chortling to fart mode. TeslaWraps provided sill protectors that went on easily. I didn't do as well with the TeslaWrap card covers...but that's on me. Tesla factory provided a set of NEMA adapters (just in case) and the Admiral insisted on the Tesla umbrella but I'm still debating mounting options. She also came up with a white stretch rubber key fob holder (Amazon) to match the car...looks better than I expected. Scavenged my 2017 for the windshield sun screen (says Tesla but god knows where it came from), valve stem covers, jack pucks, and the factory tire inflator kit I ordered back when. Wally World contributed some USB-C extensions (because I was on the road and didn't realize I needed them). Seat mounted coat hooks aren't necessary. Lights seem bright as is. Rear package shelf folds away already. Car came with the Tesla USB for Sentry and with a rear plate surround that looks nice...eBay'ed a relatively matching front one and had a front tag made that passed Admiral's muster. We'll be tinted this weekend. My todo list still is looking for
1. there isn't a great place to leave garage access cards...which are part of my life so I've been looking at this style of sunglasses holders on Amazon that I'll try (since it has a specific card slot) Amazon.com
2. I'll do puddle lights but haven't found a set yet that I like. Most are advertised for 2022, but are still square so won't fit. There's a custom $150 set advertised that lets you customize the logo but that's more pimping than I'm ready for...and still not sure they'll fit.
3. I miss my dead pedal from the 2017. The 2022 carpet comes up over the space, so the dead pedal would fit over the carpet, or I'd have to cut the carpet...not sure where I'm going with that yet. I've got to measure the Evannex and see.
4. We can agree to disagree about a yoke weight, but no one is confessing to have a nice one yet anyway, so that's moot.
5. Debating the folding roof screen that is available on Amazon. The car spends a fair amount of time in Florida, so it might be useful. Had them on the 2017 but that's a bit of a different animal. Amazon.com

All in all, personalizing the car hasn't been that involved. Missing the rear floor cover but that's on order. Not a lot of things that weren't already thought through. Nice work Tesla. Yoke looks cool, not sure I care deeply one way or the other...FWIW

3. I miss my dead pedal from the 2017. The 2022 carpet comes up over the space, so the dead pedal would fit over the carpet, or I'd have to cut the carpet...not sure where I'm going with that yet. I've got to measure the Evannex and see.

@JediJD FWIW the all weather mats do not cover the dead pedal. I will keep those in year-round, but YMMV.

Should you want to keep the carpet mats, suggest you take the driver’s mat to an upholstery or custom carpet shop and they should be able to cut off the dead pedal area and match the edge seam.

Reactions: JediJD

@JediJD FWIW the all weather mats do not cover the dead pedal. I will keep those in year-round, but YMMV.

Should you want to keep the carpet mats, suggest you take the driver’s mat to an upholstery or custom carpet shop and they should be able to cut off the dead pedal area and match the edge seam.
Very pleased with the EVannex Dead Pedal and Tesla Ifficial All Weather Mats.
Posted on this thread some time ago.
99FB1C5F-337D-4EE6-9CE6-E9D148987CC9.jpeg

BACK IN STOCK

Reactions: Robotpedlr

1642030571133.png

1642030577841.png

BACK IN STOCK

And.. out again!

View attachment 755080
View attachment 755081
Thanks for the heads up! Just ordered. Hopefully they're the same material as the interior liners - I like the interior ones. The tesmanian trunk/frunk ones (which I had on Plaid #1) were good, but just a bit too stiff for my liking, especially in getting to the trunk bottom.

Reactions: impastu