Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So does the Black Matrix look more "black" like the first picture? The ridges in pattern are dark, not light?
Correct, the ridges are black. It looks like something between charcoal and black. As a matter of fact I find it to be a pretty nice fit for the black seats in the new Model S, which are not really black , but more like charcoal color (comparing to the Model 3 black seats which are very saturated black).

Has anyone with the new OEM mudflaps experienced scraping on the road?

In my Plaid on low suspension, I’m getting light scrapes on the smallest rises on the road. Not even just going up an incline to a store parking lot or a driveway (that too, of course), but also when driving on a road most would consider to be “flat”, and going over shallow rises/hills at speed. When the suspension depresses/retracts going into and/or out of a rise, the flap(s) will make contact & will cause an audible scrape pretty much every time. It does not appear to be a problem on medium height.

Anyone else had this happen? I’m guessing it’s not unusual to run the car on low while driving, and I’d prefer not to be relegated to medium as the norm, because of this. Do you guys think it would be safe to let it happen, and rely on the bottom edge of the flap being worn down over time? The flap itself is reasonably soft and pliable, so I’m not worried about them ripping off the bodywork. Still, as someone that’s never had mudflaps on a car before, I found this surprising.
I did notice it scraping on just the left side on an aggressive right turn. Otherwise only on driveways…
Inspected several times. No signs of any effect…
Not concerned about damage to rocker panel… (yet)

Correct, the ridges are black. It looks like something between charcoal and black. As a matter of fact I find it to be a pretty nice fit for the black seats in the new Model S, which are not really black , but more like charcoal color (comparing to the Model 3 black seats which are very saturated black).
Ordered! Thx for all the great wraps. I need to post some pics, but I think the best mod I’ve done so far is the smoked taillights. Does a really good job of hiding them, and making the back end look more sleek 🙌

The brake caliper wraps are second favorite🙌🙌

Has anyone with the new OEM mudflaps experienced scraping on the road?

In my Plaid on low suspension, I’m getting light scrapes on the smallest rises on the road. Not even just going up an incline to a store parking lot or a driveway (that too, of course), but also when driving on a road most would consider to be “flat”, and going over shallow rises/hills at speed. When the suspension depresses/retracts going into and/or out of a rise, the flap(s) will make contact & will cause an audible scrape pretty much every time. It does not appear to be a problem on medium height.

Anyone else had this happen? I’m guessing it’s not unusual to run the car on low while driving, and I’d prefer not to be relegated to medium as the norm, because of this. Do you guys think it would be safe to let it happen, and rely on the bottom edge of the flap being worn down over time? The flap itself is reasonably soft and pliable, so I’m not worried about them ripping off the bodywork. Still, as someone that’s never had mudflaps on a car before, I found this surprising.
Yes me too. Been setting high suspension (remember location) in a lot of places. It’s very susceptible to the slightest bump.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
Ordered! Thx for all the great wraps. I need to post some pics, but I think the best mod I’ve done so far is the smoked taillights. Does a really good job of hiding them, and making the back end look more sleek 🙌

The brake caliper wraps are second favorite🙌🙌
Post pics and impressions after install. I am definitely considering this just to make hitting the darn buttons easier.

Post pics and impressions after install. I am definitely considering this just to make hitting the darn buttons easier.
I’ve been driving with it for over a week now and my impression is that hitting the buttons is not as fast as with regular buttons but at least I can tell where they are without looking. Still takes some moving your fingers around to find the cutout though.

Mud Flaps out of stock.
Surprised they lasted this long.
759105DD-30B8-4EED-8228-3AE24436A865.jpeg

Reactions: impastu
where to get the back ones?
Black ones of what? Mud flaps?
If so…
Put yourself in the email notification queue.

Rear
Mud Flaps, Tesla only sells front ones but not rear ones. where can we get the rear ones?

From Tesla Website.

Description
Protect your Model S from snow, salt, sand and small debris with the Model S Mud Flaps.
Includes:
  • 2x front mud flaps
  • Installation hardware
Rears not really necessary for protection of *your* car. But if you want rears to protect those behind you, you can get the generic ones on Amazon. Tesla doesn't offer rears. But the front of the rear wheel well does have a drop down to protect the door sides.

FYI, installed my front mud flaps today and it took about 10 minutes.