Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just could not stand the scraping sound. I pulled them off today and cut off 1/2 an inch and much less scraping. Perhaps it is just me but not sure a well designed Mud Flap should be scraping regularly while driving.
My theory is that if they are not resilient enough to handle the scraping they will be self trimming. But there are two advantages of leaving them as is.
The first is obvious - the longer they are the more coverage they give you in terms of blocking debris…
The second one is that they warn you that this might be a good place to set your suspension to high in the future.
I’ve had warnings like this before but it is from the bottom of the car hitting the curb cut out… So this is somewhat of a pre-warning

I just could not stand the scraping sound. I pulled them off today and cut off 1/2 an inch and much less scraping. Perhaps it is just me but not sure a well designed Mud Flap should be scraping regularly while driving.
I have 19” with winter tires. I hear scraping occasionally when in uneven pavement at medium suspension. I have to be diligent to prompt the setting to high where I know I’ll repeatedly have a scrape / bottoming scenario. If you’re on Default to Low, your probably scraping a lot on 19” wheels.

I took of 1/2 inch and much better. Only scraped one time. Very happy with the adjustment.
Let us know if it's still keeping stuff from hitting rockers and doors after the adjustment. I just installed mine yesterday and was surprised at how low they are when the suspension is in medium. I suspect I am going to be scraping in a number of places but also want the protection...I have PPF on the rockers/lower doors but have found a chip higher up on the door where there is no PPF so don't want to reduce the effectiveness of the flaps.

Reactions: impastu
Hey, any chance you're cutting PPF for the center console/interior bits?
Hi

I can certainly do it but have in mind that it will be a PITA to install properly... there are a few issues with PPF on interior trim:
1. If you do dry install, your fingerprints will be all over the place on the adhesive. That will be visible. You will also get bubbles and wrinkles in places.
2. If you do wet install that will fix the fingerprints and bubbles issues, but I am not sure if the PPF will stick if it's wet, at the places with big curves.
3. PPF is much more expensive than regular colored vinyl, so the price for this will be pretty high unfortunately.

So generally while I can do it, I think ending up with a successful and beautiful looking install is highly unlikely. If you still want to give it a shot though, just DM me and I can make it happen 👍

A quick FYI
I received tha AOSK anti slip charging mat yesterday. Really nice…perfect fit.
Sadly prevents my iPhone 13 pro from charging. Sent a message to the seller on TMC. Got an instantaneous reply and refund on Amazon. Additionally informed me that they were updating their thread with the following. Great Seller!!!!!
The wireless charging mat is not suitable for iPhone 13 for unknown reason, if you have a iPhone 13, and purchased this product, let us know, we will process a full refund for you.

A quick FYI
I received tha AOSK anti slip charging mat yesterday. Really nice…perfect fit.
Sadly prevents my iPhone 13 pro from charging. Sent a message to the seller on TMC. Got an instantaneous reply and refund on Amazon. Additionally informed me that they were updating their thread with the following. Great Seller!!!!!
thanks, I'm thinking about buying their cup holder

Reactions: Daniellane
thanks, I'm thinking about buying their cup holder
I really like the cup holder. Good design and solves issue with drinks wobbling around. Also nice to have something that can be removed for cleaning.

Attachments

• 9A29DEE5-2C3F-4E8D-A458-5028A379CB67.jpeg
    9A29DEE5-2C3F-4E8D-A458-5028A379CB67.jpeg
    592.7 KB · Views: 138
Same...they make nice stuff, I got the cup holder, the center console organizer and the charging mat from them. The charging mat unfortunately doesn't work with iPhone 13 as @Daniellane pointed out (strangely enough it works with my wife's iPhone 12 🤷‍♂️) but it looks so good so I am keeping it. I spoke to the guys at AOSK and I will also start re-selling their MS products and we'll work together on new exclusive products for the new Model S, as they are a factory and I have the car to test...so expect soon (in a few months) - mud flaps & more :)

Same...they make nice stuff, I got the cup holder, the center console organizer and the charging mat from them. The charging mat unfortunately doesn't work with iPhone 13 as @Daniellane pointed out (strangely enough it works with my wife's iPhone 12 🤷‍♂️) but it looks so good so I am keeping it. I spoke to the guys at AOSK and I will also start re-selling their MS products and we'll work together on new exclusive products for the new Model S, as they are a factory and I have the car to test...so expect soon (in a few months) - mud flaps & more :)
Here is a tip for the center console organizer. It slants down towards the back because the console armrest bottom has that wedge. But you can keep it more level by adding something like I did (foam pad with double-sided tape.

B73FE8C1-F6CD-4786-A3E7-0C3658977919.jpeg
578F5481-5B0F-46FB-9094-413865E9D825.jpeg

Here is a tip for the center console organizer. It slants down towards the back because the console armrest bottom has that wedge. But you can keep it more level by adding something like I did (foam pad with double-sided tape.

View attachment 761376View attachment 761377
I’ve been using this type of tape for applications like this. (Clear Double Sided Traceless & Washable, Multipurpose Grip Tape)

New Clear Double Sided Nano Tape... Amazon.com

Reactions: chrisdh79
View attachment 762243
before the refresh launched do you guys remember this youtube video with carbon fiber on the diffuser lip, is there anyone that has this on theirs?
I've learned that if you can dream it in vinyl, @iyordanov can probably make it 😂 (in all seriousness, I don't have it on my Plaid, completely forgot about this vid.)

I've learned that if you can dream it in vinyl, @iyordanov can probably make it 😂 (in all seriousness, I don't have it on my Plaid, completely forgot about this vid.)
hahaha true 😂 it’s on my todo. A bit delayed this week and next as I got the Refresh X and for a week I am sprinting to do all I can for it for just this one week. After that - back to the Model S!