Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remove the screws, remove the plate and then put your license plate on, put the cover on and screw in. Do not put your plates on the outside of the plate frame.

That said, I know the “refreshed-refresh” has a solid black rectangular piece now. So not sure how that factors into your question.
I do have the refreshed refresh with the solid black rectangular piece. So does this stay on or come off?
AB12188E-D2C5-4FE0-AE28-C9194EA7959E.jpeg

I do have the refreshed refresh with the solid black rectangular piece. So does this stay on or come off?View attachment 795623
Totally uneducated and never seen one, besides photos. But from the looks of it, I stand corrected. Your plates go OVER that. Remove the outside screws, leaving the inside / middle screws in place as those secure the black plastic piece to the body. Then put the plate on and secure the four screws back in, assuming you have enough thread on the screws to secure the plates in place. If not, then that black plastic piece has to go, which would make no sense.

The black plastic piece looks like it is the same size as standard US plates and it there to protect the body from the back of the metal plates. But what do I know.

I do have the refreshed refresh with the solid black rectangular piece. So does this stay on or come off?View attachment 795623
Stays on. Just screw ur plate on top of that. Did ur model S not come with a license plate frame that says “model s”? You would put your license plate on top of that exactly as shown then screw on ur model S license plate frame.

You didn’t get a license plate frame?

Attachments

• 9A8A7308-4AAD-47B2-91AF-C012F132BC4E.jpeg
    9A8A7308-4AAD-47B2-91AF-C012F132BC4E.jpeg
    489.7 KB · Views: 212
So I guess the windshield cover technically fits “ok” but it slightly larger than the windshield. Not sure if it’s designed that way to give a full black out look, but you can judge for yourself. So it extends inside past the windshield. The fitment is pretty tight on the bottom also. I’ll still use it for now since there’s not many options out there but when there’s a perfect fitment one I’ll be replacing this one

Attachments

• F85E867C-5F8C-4447-A6F3-87A5F9E568A8.jpeg
    F85E867C-5F8C-4447-A6F3-87A5F9E568A8.jpeg
    323.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 37313F93-1157-4460-ABB9-A465B9829A6F.jpeg
    37313F93-1157-4460-ABB9-A465B9829A6F.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 185
Oh so it does fit perfectly I see. I’ll put it on and take a pic and post it here in case anyone is interested in seeing the fitment.

The description does say “not for MODEL S PLAID”
odd, I see that it says it doesn’t fit Plaid S
Any clue as to why they have that disclaimer. Could it be an issue with the way it fits around the mirror?

So I guess the windshield cover technically fits “ok” but it slightly larger than the windshield. Not sure if it’s designed that way to give a full black out look, but you can judge for yourself. So it extends inside past the windshield. The fitment is pretty tight on the bottom also. I’ll still use it for now since there’s not many options out there but when there’s a perfect fitment one I’ll be replacing this one
I don't have an issue with the fitment. It is just a sunshade for use when my car is occasionally parked outside. Fits fine around my mirror. I like that it is large enough that I can wedge it in the window frame without having the sunshades down if I want.

I would worry about perfect fitment if it was a hatch and my ship might sink if there were any openings.

It goes in easy, folds up nicely and for under $30, I am good.

IMG_3311.jpg

I don't have an issue with the fitment. It is just a sunshade for use when my car is occasionally parked outside. Fits fine around my mirror. I like that it is large enough that I can wedge it in the window frame without having the sunshades down if I want.

I would worry about perfect fitment if it was a hatch and my ship might sink if there were any openings.

View attachment 795909
I still have troubles folding these damn things. :(

And yes, I’ve watched the videos. I’m a klutz.

View attachment 795909
Yeah mine fit similar. Just wanted people to know it’s not a perfect fit, but it works

Test fitted Rpmtesla carbon fiber seat backs, carbon mirror caps and side camera caps and they all fit pretty good.

Turns out the backs of the new model s/X are the exact same as the 3/y. Tesla saving cost by using the same standard shape in all their cars.

Attachments

• 89F10926-27E5-4AB2-B4FA-99489231A506.jpeg
    89F10926-27E5-4AB2-B4FA-99489231A506.jpeg
    447.4 KB · Views: 193
  • F78B6D58-A0EC-42A2-968F-9ADFAF5E256B.jpeg
    F78B6D58-A0EC-42A2-968F-9ADFAF5E256B.jpeg
    588.5 KB · Views: 187
  • E51A83D7-1A9F-4739-AF1D-D0E44FB4CE81.jpeg
    E51A83D7-1A9F-4739-AF1D-D0E44FB4CE81.jpeg
    486.2 KB · Views: 176
  • Informative
Reactions: impastu and Fastcar

View attachment 795909

Definitely helpful to see that it sort of bends for the refresh models.

For comparison, this is how it fits in my car.

IMG_20220422_083137.jpg