Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Test fitted Rpmtesla carbon fiber seat backs, carbon mirror caps and side camera caps and they all fit pretty good.

Turns out the backs of the new model s/X are the exact same as the 3/y. Tesla saving cost by using the same standard shape in all their cars.
I looked for the seat backs at rpm Tesla, and could not find them. Do they apply over the original seat backs or are they a true replacement?

I looked for the seat backs at rpm Tesla, and could not find them. Do they apply over the original seat backs or are they a true replacement?
they are direct replacements. So you'll have to pull up your headrest and take out original seat backs. Was kind of a pain to be honest, but take it slow.

Reactions: SoCalDude
they are direct replacements. So you'll have to pull up your headrest and take out original seat backs. Was kind of a pain to be honest, but take it slow.

Curious whether they came with installation instructions or is it obvious as to what to do?

I saw on another post somewhere that they're not sure if there's even a retrofit option. Something about an entirely different wiring harness.
It's becoming painfully obvious that I will be buying yet another Model S later this year, and sleeping on the couch for a while 😂 With new headlights and tail lights, display tilting and hopefully soon - ambient lighting, I think it will be worth the upgrade, although I can't help but feel cheated by Tesla's messaging & marketing, as I thought the tilting feature will be software enabled at a later date.

Here is one of rpmtesla’s spoilers (Jupiter) that I installied.
1652110029591.jpeg