Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that's stupid....what if you took it off for some unknown reason and was going to put it back before driving? i mean it's not illegal unless it's actually driven isn't it? i bet there some loop hole on this one
Most tickets for not having a front license plate are written when the car is not moving, usually parked in a public lot. The smart thing to do is just put it on when you leave your car for a long period of time. I haven’t had a front plate on my BMW for 15 years and have never been stopped or ticketed. It’s really just a percentage thing as to if you’d ever be ticketed.

Did u test fit it?
I installed mine last week. Fitment is perfect. The 3M tape goes along to the very edge of the spoiler to prevent any edge lift. Very happy with the purchase.
FD7DA084-B47E-4A6D-9074-D6EEBD9D63B6.jpeg
B7BD8A64-AFD5-40A4-B48F-3B34AC497E8C.jpeg

Reactions: impastu and VikH
I purchased this one. A lot cheaper. Warning if you get all weather mats, you won't need this dead pedal since the mat will cover this area. Also, the materials are cheap plastic so don't expect anything special except to protect the carpet in that area.
The Tesla all weather matts do not cover the dead pedal area. And the Evannex cover is heavy duty material and looks great.

The Tesla all weather matts do not cover the dead pedal area. And the Evannex cover is heavy duty material and looks great.
I think some do and some don’t. The early ones did not and that’s the one I have. it sucks. dead pedal area isn’t protected from dirt slush and wear. makes the mat useless and need to buy new ones that cover the dead pedal. I think the ones on Tesla website now seem to show coverage of the dead pedal area.

A few more from me:

2022 Model S Charge Port Wrap (new tail lights design)

Tail Lights Clear Protection Film (8mil)

@iyordanov I have been waffling on asking for this for a few weeks as I really don't need to spend the money right now, BUT, at some point, could you add clear PPF cut for the Model S B Pillars?

1654874578351.png

Had the entire car covered in PPF right after I bought it but they did not put anything here. I expect at some point it'll get scratched by someone not knowing how to use the key cards (I see people trying to swipe them in this area instead of just holding it there) So I want to add some protection.

Assuming as long as its clear it shouldn't effect the camera function.

The new ones should. I had the original set but sucked it up this week and just ordered the new set. I should have them today.

Attachments

• 3B0C74F1-9649-459D-B7B9-1DA5436F378E.jpeg
    3B0C74F1-9649-459D-B7B9-1DA5436F378E.jpeg
    632.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Informative
Reactions: impastu
@iyordanov I have been waffling on asking for this for a few weeks as I really don't need to spend the money right now, BUT, at some point, could you add clear PPF cut for the Model S B Pillars?

View attachment 814984

Had the entire car covered in PPF right after I bought it but they did not put anything here. I expect at some point it'll get scratched by someone not knowing how to use the key cards (I see people trying to swipe them in this area instead of just holding it there) So I want to add some protection.

Assuming as long as its clear it shouldn't effect the camera function.
Any film would affect the camera function. I would not advise doing this at all, especially since it’s a safety feature.

Any film would affect the camera function. I would not advise doing this at all, especially since it’s a safety feature.
I don't see how if its crystal clear.

The guy who did my PPF usually covers it, (over two dozen so far with no issue). I could go back to him to get it done but its a bit of a drive and they are always backed up with work so figured a DIY would be possible.

They also have recently started testing a anti-chip windshield outer film. That goes over the cameras there as well with no issue.

With that said though, don't disagree, the warning may be valid and anyone considering it should consider the possibility.

The guy who did my PPF usually covers it, (over two dozen so far with no issue). I could go back to him to get it done but its a bit of a drive and they are always backed up with work so figured a DIY would be possible.

They also have recently started testing a anti-chip windshield outer film. That goes over the cameras there as well with no issue.

With that said though, don't disagree, the warning may be valid and anyone considering it should consider the possibility.
If there’s a specific-for-lenses PPF, maybe? I’d be leery and do the research. Regular PPF certainly will impact clarity, especially as the sun hits it.

I would be interested in knowing more about the windshield film. What brand and do the wipers scratch it much?