Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@iyordanov I have been waffling on asking for this for a few weeks as I really don't need to spend the money right now, BUT, at some point, could you add clear PPF cut for the Model S B Pillars?

View attachment 814984

Had the entire car covered in PPF right after I bought it but they did not put anything here. I expect at some point it'll get scratched by someone not knowing how to use the key cards (I see people trying to swipe them in this area instead of just holding it there) So I want to add some protection.

Assuming as long as its clear it shouldn't effect the camera function.
No technical problem but as others have stated I am afraid it might end up messing up the camera and also, I am not sure if it's possible for plastic to scratch glass 🤔

Reactions: Laddcruzer
I would be interested in knowing more about the windshield film. What brand and do the wipers scratch it much?
I'll try to find out which one they are testing...

(I have seen 3 or 4 brands of it out there but not sure which ones they are trying first. They usually use XPel PPF and doesn't look like they have a windshield protection version yet, at least not advertised anyway.

I know they just started using it, I believe he has only put it on 3 or 4 vehicles (including his own Model 3).

I'll try to find out which one they are testing...

(I have seen 3 or 4 brands of it out there but not sure which ones they are trying first. They usually use XPel PPF and doesn't look like they have a windshield protection version yet, at least not advertised anyway.

I know they just started using it, I believe he has only put it on 3 or 4 vehicles (including his own Model 3).
I looked at these a while back and decided not to. After reading product reviews, they appear to be prone to scratching, even with the best of care and need to replaced after 2-3 years, even if you are religious about maintenance.

I looked at these a while back and decided not to. After reading product reviews, they appear to be prone to scratching, even with the best of care and need to replaced after 2-3 years, even if you are religious about maintenance.
Same reason why I decided to forego this also. I really don’t need another thing I have to Constantly baby or be worried to use my darn windshield wipers.

I finally got into FSD BETA and the safety score did in general make me drive safer to keep my score at 98+, but it also made me do things that could contribute to driving unsafely. I would be afraid to brake real hard or turn the steering too fast because every little movement causes a ding on your safety score that honestly made it a pain to drive normally. I also Consider myself a safe driver and the app made me adjust or manipulate my safety score in order to achieve a high safety rating to get into FSD beta

Reactions: omarsultan
Same reason why I decided to forego this also. I really don’t need another thing I have to Constantly baby or be worried to use my darn windshield wipers.

I finally got into FSD BETA and the safety score did in general make me drive safer to keep my score at 98+, but it also made me do things that could contribute to driving unsafely. I would be afraid to brake real hard or turn the steering too fast because every little movement causes a ding on your safety score that honestly made it a pain to drive normally. I also Consider myself a safe driver and the app made me adjust or manipulate my safety score in order to achieve a high safety rating to get into FSD beta
Agree on both points!

This is why I cant imagine going with Tesla insurance. I definitely don't need no video game like score constantly hanging over my head and potentially costing me more money on insurance because a computer interprets something differently than I do.

Reactions: cwanja
A few more from me:

2022 Model S Charge Port Wrap (new tail lights design)

Tail Lights Clear Protection Film (8mil)
I was just checking out your website and saw you have PPF for the interior trim. I always liked glossy carbon fiber trim vs matte so I was wondering if you have seen gloss PPF over the carbon fiber trim in person and whether it looks good like real glossy carbon fiber.

I was just checking out your website and saw you have PPF for the interior trim. I always liked glossy carbon fiber trim vs matte so I was wondering if you have seen gloss PPF over the carbon fiber trim in person and whether it looks good like real glossy carbon fiber.
Yes it does look glossy like normal.

Attachments

• 1461468C-A417-47CD-9858-DCE0B5EC99E5.jpeg
    1461468C-A417-47CD-9858-DCE0B5EC99E5.jpeg
    598 KB · Views: 186
Your entire paragraph is why I opted out of FSD beta. I had it for about two or three weeks, had a 99, then 98 then 96, then 88 and just said screw it. I will not baby my car just to get a higher score and thus, I will wait for my FSD for whenever my grandchildren experience it.

Your entire paragraph is why I opted out of FSD beta. I had it for about two or three weeks, had a 99, then 98 then 96, then 88 and just said screw it. I will not baby my car just to get a higher score and thus, I will wait for my FSD for whenever my grandchildren experience it.
Keeping it at 98 for 5 days I was able to get in. You can reset your score and try again if you like.

FSD is not ready for prime time. No where near. It’s scary at times using it

I think some do and some don’t. The early ones did not and that’s the one I have. it sucks. dead pedal area isn’t protected from dirt slush and wear. makes the mat useless and need to buy new ones that cover the dead pedal. I think the ones on Tesla website now seem to show coverage of the dead pedal area.
I actually prefer that it leaves the dead pedal area uncovered so that the evanes cover is displayed. Yes, winter debris gets in that area, but after a rough winter I didn’t find it difficult to vacuum the gunk up in 5 minutes.

Apologies for the late response, just saw this... I haven't actually seen it glossy yet, I've seen it on one customer's car which he made in matte and the matte looks like there is nothing on top...so basically (at least for me), matte PPF interior wrap appears as there is nothing, it just protects the carbon fiber. But the glossy I haven't seen yet and can't test on mine as mine is the long range with wood trim.

Apologies for the late response, just saw this... I haven't actually seen it glossy yet, I've seen it on one customer's car which he made in matte and the matte looks like there is nothing on top...so basically (at least for me), matte PPF interior wrap appears as there is nothing, it just protects the carbon fiber. But the glossy I haven't seen yet and can't test on mine as mine is the long range with wood trim.
check post 810. I put glossy PPF over matte cf spoiler.

Reactions: iyordanov
Glossy PPF over oem matte cf

Attachments

• 155C54B3-0D1B-4286-AB86-9859642A047F.jpeg
    155C54B3-0D1B-4286-AB86-9859642A047F.jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 00A42610-F70D-4058-AFB6-121A0007F5E0.jpeg
    00A42610-F70D-4058-AFB6-121A0007F5E0.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 128