Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's for an X, unfortunately. The S has different holes.
hmmmm...I do see that in the description. I copied the link from my order history (which I bought for and installed on my plaid) so I guess they are out of them.

Attachments

• IMG_2582 copy.jpg
    IMG_2582 copy.jpg
    800.9 KB · Views: 228
Reactions: tmichelena
hmmmm...I do see that in the description. I copied the link from my order history (which I bought for and installed on my plaid) so I guess they are out of them.
Yes, they have been out of stock for the S for quite a while now, not sure if they plan on bringing it back. Several people have accidentally purchased the Model X version which doesn’t fit.

So...I followed the advice of others on this and had Expel PFF to my normal ceramic package on the just delivered '22 MSLR. I'm a bit skeptical, but I was skeptical about ceramic and now I'm a fanboy. Regardless, I'll report back in a couple of years. Screen protectors seemed critical so ordered front and rear from Tesmanian, along with a car seat protector for when one of the grands is in a car seat chortling to fart mode. TeslaWraps provided sill protectors that went on easily. I didn't do as well with the TeslaWrap card covers...but that's on me. Tesla factory provided a set of NEMA adapters (just in case) and the Admiral insisted on the Tesla umbrella but I'm still debating mounting options. She also came up with a white stretch rubber key fob holder (Amazon) to match the car...looks better than I expected. Scavenged my 2017 for the windshield sun screen (says Tesla but god knows where it came from), valve stem covers, jack pucks, and the factory tire inflator kit I ordered back when. Wally World contributed some USB-C extensions (because I was on the road and didn't realize I needed them). Seat mounted coat hooks aren't necessary. Lights seem bright as is. Rear package shelf folds away already. Car came with the Tesla USB for Sentry and with a rear plate surround that looks nice...eBay'ed a relatively matching front one and had a front tag made that passed Admiral's muster. We'll be tinted this weekend. My todo list still is looking for
1. there isn't a great place to leave garage access cards...which are part of my life so I've been looking at this style of sunglasses holders on Amazon that I'll try (since it has a specific card slot) Amazon.com
2. I'll do puddle lights but haven't found a set yet that I like. Most are advertised for 2022, but are still square so won't fit. There's a custom $150 set advertised that lets you customize the logo but that's more pimping than I'm ready for...and still not sure they'll fit.
3. I miss my dead pedal from the 2017. The 2022 carpet comes up over the space, so the dead pedal would fit over the carpet, or I'd have to cut the carpet...not sure where I'm going with that yet. I've got to measure the Evannex and see.
4. We can agree to disagree about a yoke weight, but no one is confessing to have a nice one yet anyway, so that's moot.
5. Debating the folding roof screen that is available on Amazon. The car spends a fair amount of time in Florida, so it might be useful. Had them on the 2017 but that's a bit of a different animal. Amazon.com

All in all, personalizing the car hasn't been that involved. Missing the rear floor cover but that's on order. Not a lot of things that weren't already thought through. Nice work Tesla. Yoke looks cool, not sure I care deeply one way or the other...FWIW
Did you ever find a solution to the puddle lights?

Did you ever find a solution to the puddle lights?
Nope...and I'm constantly on the lookout. No great solutions for the puddle lights or steering weight. Haven't pulled the trigger on the dead pedal (because the optimal solution seems to include cutting the factory floor mat which I'm not ready to do). The sunglass holder works like a top. Haven't pulled the trigger on the folding roof screen because to keep it from sagging you have to secure a metal disk to the roof and then put a magnet under the screen to keep it lifted up. I'm not certain the metal disk won't heat and cool differently at that spot and eventually affect the roof, so I'm reluctant to try it (and haven't really needed it TBH). Only shopping now is I never have the right charging cable since its USB-C now and nothing else I own is, I'm eyeing the power frunk that I see is now available, and looking for rim protectors (don't want the glue on and not sure about the ones with rails that fit under the lip). Love my front tag though.

Attachments

• Tesla 2022 tag.jpg
    Tesla 2022 tag.jpg
    703.5 KB · Views: 179
Refresh Model S front lip wrap now available from TWRAPS: