Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do people have suggestions for the best accessories for a new Model Y owner? I'd like to get all-weather floor mats for sure and considering a dog cover for the back seat, so I'd appreciate advice on those. Our garage is a bit tight, so I'm also thinking about getting some protectors for the door edges so they don't hit the other car when opened; also thinking of doing the same for my Leaf to protect the MY. Things I should be considering that might not be on my radar?

Thanks!

There are dozens of thread on TMC on accessories for the Tesla Model Y.

Ceramic tint for the glass, recommended installers by location
Paint Protection Film (PPF); may require professional installation
Sunshade for the glass roof, rear hatch glass
Mudflaps (that one thread is over 500 posts)
Tow hitch cover (if equipped with the optional tow hitch)
Bicycle rack (requires optional tow hitch)
Roof rack
Screen protector (matte or glossy protector)
Liners for the frunk, rear hatch storage and sub trunk
USB Readers, Endurance type MicroSD Cards to replace the Tesla USB drive
18" and 19" non-Tesla Wheels and tires
Cooler for the frunk
Mini-fridge for the rear cargo area
Mattress or air mattress for use when camping in the Model Y

Here is a list I made shortly after I got my car:
Here are a few more:

Tasmanian covers for back of rear seats
Strip light for frunk
EVglass and battery insulation from EVinsulate
Door handle upgrade
Portable tire inflator
tire gauge
Black wheel covers for 19" Gemini wheels
Conversion kit to add data to center console usb ports
usb hub for center console
upgraded interior lights
upgraded trunk light

Reactions: Kokukenji
Here is a list I made shortly after I got my car:

Here are a few more:

Tasmanian covers for back of rear seats
Strip light for frunk
EVglass and battery insulation from EVinsulate
Door handle upgrade
Portable tire inflator
tire gauge
Black wheel covers for 19" Gemini wheels
Conversion kit to add data to center console usb ports
usb hub for center console
upgraded interior lights
upgraded trunk light
Nice list! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: BitJam
PPF in the front, hood and front fenders. Maybe something clear over the headlights as well.
Matching Tint for the other two side windows.
Screen protector.
Floor liners, F&R, good ones.
Tire inflator. *
SSD for the glovebox.
Easily quick-release removable front license plate holder.
S3XY Buttons (Freemont cars only, currently).
Mesh cover for the rear passenger heat/cooling vents so crap doesn't roll into them and trapping the thing(s) forever and driving you nuts.
Cup holder for phone.

* electric accessories now run on 15.5v Anything you buy should be rated for that, or it will slowly or quickly stop working. Tire inflators and converters for 120 volt output are some of those. Power converters are very sensitive to this new voltage. Plenty of tire inflators are available that are battery powered.

Reactions: tander and BitJam
One of the best accessories we got was the roof shade (the 2 piece version). Don't even notice it's there and you still get that open feeling (the newer ones even have opaque covers for more vampire protection).

We have the sliding organizer in the center console and instead of the flat rear cargo pockets for each side we bought the cheaper divider versions which work out pretty good.

Also have the center storage lid cover and just recently bought the slide-in center console USB port which matches well and looks great. Also got that tissue holder that you can put under the center display.

Next up is some cheapie HUD but we'll see how that works out.

Hey buddy, you can consider coming to TESERY.COM to see Tesla accessories! TESERY focuses on high-quality Tesla accessories. You can connect more details through the following link:

1. All-weather floor mats: Seat Covers for Tesla Model 3 / Model Y 2017-2023
tesla floor mats 454545.jpg

2. Dog seat covers: Dog Seat Cover for Tesla Model 3/Y/S/X
71qwXWdtlIL._AC_SY450__副本.jpg

3. Napa seat covers: Seat Covers for Tesla Model 3 / Model Y 2017-2023
tesla seat covers 14.jpg

There are some basic accessories that are essential for any Tesla Model Y owner. Best Tesla Model Y accessories include a tempered film, Tesla Model Y phone holder, and a coaster. While there are many other great accessories on the market, Here's a blog that will tell you the best accessories to buy.
Blog Link: Top 10 Best Tesla Model Y Accessories in 2023

1. Model Y Center Console Wrap​

Quick View

• Essential accessories reduce fingerprints and smudges
  • Protects the smooth surface of the center console
  • OEM Exterior
  • Available in a variety of colors
The Tesla Model Y center console is a notorious fingerprint magnet. Its smooth surface is hard to keep spotless and can leave fingerprints and smudges on even the cleanest fingers.

Top 10 Best Tesla Model Y Accessories in 2022

Carbon Fiber Center Console Wrap not only hides fingerprints but also protects the center console from permanent scratches, fading, and everyday wear and tear. The center console wrap combined with the touchscreen protector will help keep your Model Y's interior in new shape for years.

This wrap matches the rest of the interior perfectly. Installing this wrap may lead you to believe that the carbon fiber center console should have been a factory option on the Model Y.

If you like the look and feel of carbon fiber in your Tesla Model Y, you will love this item. If you have Tesery carbon fiber steering wheel, or carbon fiber parts, you'll love this. These will add a nice touch to your TESLA interior.

2.Tesla Model Y Screen Protector​

Quick Overview

• Great for scratch and impact resistance
  • High-quality tempered glass
  • Bubble-free installation
  • No residue left after removal
  • Full Protection
This glass screen protector will help keep your Model Y's large touchscreen in pristine condition. It's scratch and shock-resistant, so you don't have to worry about scratches even after heavy use. It's also oil and fingerprint-resistant, ensuring that the screen remains visible even after use.

Like any glass-based display, it is susceptible to scratches and general wear and tear. We don't think the display in our cars will be as susceptible to this as a smartphone screen, but rings and other metal objects that come in contact with the display will leave permanent marks.

A screen protector will help avoid this as it protects the actual glass with a thin, replaceable clear film that removes scratches while leaving the actual screen spotless.

As with any plastic-based surface, it will turn yellow after years of use and sun exposure. You may need to replace it every few years, and the good news is that your glass screen is intact and scratch-free. There is nothing more satisfying than removing the screen protector to reveal a flawless screen underneath.

Because of its low cost, we think it's an excellent investment and a must-have Tesla Model Y accessory, as it helps keep your center console display glass spotless and scratch-free.

The tempered glass has a 9H hardness surface and can be installed in minutes. The package itself includes a wipe and glass cleaner kit to clean the screen before installation. Place the protective film on the screen, remove any air bubbles with a squeegee or credit card, and you're ready to go.

3. Tesla Model Y Logo Puddle Lights​

Quick Overview

• Manufacturer's lifetime warranty
  • Significantly brighter than OEM interior lights
  • No damage to the original car
  • Plug and Play
LED Lighting Upgrade
If you're tired of the dull, unlit Tesla Model Y, it's time to upgrade with these ultra-bright interior LEDs. These lights don't ruin the original look of the car but are designed to decorate the car nicely and also help the user see the road. Its features bring great convenience to the user. The lights come with a lifetime warranty and can be installed for years while forgetting about them.

Increased Brightness
These lights are 20 times brighter than the regular Tesla interior lights and add a stylish glow wherever they are placed. With these lights, you'll never have to worry about dark spots because you'll experience a noticeable improvement.

Plug and Play Installation
These lights are designed to fit most Tesla models, including the Model 3/Model X/Model S. They are a unique play to install and require little to no time or effort.

4.Tesla Model Y Mud Flaps​

Quick Overview
  • Tailored for the Tesla Model Y
  • Protects the lower part of the vehicle from mud, debris, road salt, and rocks
  • Made of strong materials
  • Easy to install
An essential accessory for any Tesla Model Y owner, the fender is a great way to keep your vehicle clean and protected, and it's easy to install. You can have more styles to match your Tesla Model Y. ( Click Here)

Paint and Undercarriage Protection
Driving can cause road debris and small rocks to be thrown up by your tires, some of which can hit your vehicle with considerable force. Over time, your vehicle's coating may develop small imperfections, which can lead to peeling paint and even rust if you drive on salted roads regularly. Fenders are one of the best Tesla Model Y accessories to protect your vehicle from dirt, mud, and debris, and also help keep your vehicle clean from rain and now.

Durable Material
The fenders are made of very strong and durable high-quality polyethylene. It is this strength that allows them to protect the car even in harsh environments and weather conditions.

Installation Process
Designed specifically for the Tesla Model Y, these fenders can be installed in no time at all. They are pre-drilled and include all the necessary materials needed for installation. All it takes to install them is some free time and patience.

5. Model Y Brake Pedal Cover​

Quick View

• Protects original pedals
  • Higher grip than regular pedals
  • Give your Model Y a sportier look
Performance pedals set up another accessory for Model Y owners who want to give their vehicle a sportier feel, again similar to the performance offerings Tesla provides for the same vehicle.

However, in addition to its visual appeal, this set of pedals provides greater grip and surface area for the safety-conscious driver.

It's a simple touch, but it's a nice detail that you'll notice when you get in the car.

6. Tesla Model Y Illuminated Door Cover​

Quick Overview
  • Perfect Fit
  • Protects areas prone to heavy wear and tear
  • Easy to clean
  • Easy to install

Protects the device

This simple accessory may not even sound like it's needed, as we all expect some wear and tear in the door sill area. However, many Model Y owners report excessive wear in this area of the vehicle; it is easily scratched.

Illumination available
New upgrades and optimizations to the original sill style add door magnetic LED light switches that fit well and show off Tesla's unique personality. the LEDs are battery-powered and do not burden the vehicle's electrical system.

Stylish appearance
In addition to the added protection, the accessory adds a stylish glossy cover to the driver and passenger side door sills.
If you prefer a less reflective surface, Tesery also offers a carbon fiber look.

Easy to install and clean
The door sill protectors take 5 minutes to install. Each guard has 2 double-sided adhesive strips on the back for a good hold and permanent attachment. The surface is easy to clean, whether it is dust or dirt, gently clean the surface with a brush and rag and it instantly looks new. It will help any car owner keep their vehicle in pristine condition and maintain value.

7. Tesla Model Y Jack Pad​

Quick Overview

• 4 pcs Tesla Lifting Mats
  • Non-slip rubber ring
  • Protects all four jacking points
  • Easy to remove after jacking up a car
In the past, jacking up a car was easy - just place a jack under the vehicle and use it to jack up the car so you can change wheels or perform maintenance.

However, Tesla's battery pack is close to the jacking point. It's important to have a special pad when lifting a Tesla because, without a jack pad adapter, the lift will apply excessive and uneven pressure near the battery pack, which can lead to long-term damage and possibly even a fire. Tesla's jack pad adapter allows you to safely jack up your vehicle. It is considered a must-have accessory for Tesla owners.

Try these jack pads are more durable, they are denser than regular pads and therefore have higher resilience and longer life. The non-slip rubber ring on this jack pad model provides a better grip and reduces the chance of shattering and damaging the Tesla chassis. It is designed for the Tesla Model 3, S, and X and comes with four lift pads in the package.

You get four jack pads and a premium zippered mesh storage bag for easy transport from home to the car. The pads themselves are light enough to keep in the trunk of your Tesla car for emergencies.

8. Model Y Center Console Cup holder​

Quick View

• Custom Design
  • Versatile
  • Made of soft materials
The Tesla comes with a much wider water cup slot than other brands of cars, which cannot hold a typical water cup, cell phone, or other items securely, and therefore will generate noise while driving. Do you feel angry about the noise generated by shaking bottles, cell phones, etc. while driving? Do you often worry about road bumps, causing the liquid in the water cups to spill and dirty the car interior?

The center console cup holder insert helps you hold drinks and other debris in place so that liquids don't spill and stain your car. The bottles can also be secured to prevent sliding and dropping. In addition, it can reduce the noise of items hitting the body while driving, creating a comfortable driving environment for you.

Made of soft silicone, strong and durable. We use a soft material to reduce the impact, which will completely protect the objects placed inside. It is an essential car interior accessory.

9. Tesla Model Y Spoiler​

Quick View

• Give the non-performance Model Y a sportier OEM look
  • Available in a variety of colors
  • Available in carbon fiber textures
While it's not a required accessory, the Model Y's aftermarket spoiler is an excellent addition for owners looking to give their car a sportier look. Installing a spoiler on this car can make it resemble the vehicle's Model Y Performance trim, which will shake the factory spoiler.

This trunk spoiler is largely a visual enhancement. The rear will gain some downforce, but unless you're following the car, it won't be significant enough to notice the difference.

The shiny carbon fiber back looks great and if you like the look and feel of carbon fiber on your Tesla, you'll love this project.

See more: Tesla Model Y Spoiler

10. Tesla Model Y Steering Wheel​

Quick View

• Personalization
  • Add a personal touch
  • Available in carbon fiber textures
This steering wheel is a great way to add a personal touch to your Model Y. It's made of high-quality materials and is available in a variety of colors.

Compared to the traditional round steering wheel, the yoke steering wheel cuts off the top half of the steering wheel, which will be visually more open and more visible.

The aftermarket has done a lot of exterior styling on the basic yoke steering wheel.A custom carbon fiber steering wheel will not only enhance your car's class, but also the driving experience.

The steering wheel is fully customizable. If you need to change the style of the steering wheel, stitching color, carbon fiber, etc., please contact the Tesery aftermarket team when placing your order. You can design a unique steering wheel to your like.

Custome steering wheel is easy to install, and even for people with no installation experience, you will only need about 30 minutes to install it.

Last edited:
What all weather floor mats does anyone recommend? I would also like the mat for the trunk
I'm very pleased with the Tesmanian floor mats. They have mats for the trunk and the frunk as well. They even have mats that cover the back of the rear seats so when they're folded down the entire floor of the storage area in the back is protected.

I have a large mostly white dog that sheds a lot (Great Pyrenees, Border Collie mix) so whenever I can cover up the black carpeting it's a plus.

Also, Meguiar's M5716SP Marine/RV Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner works well at restoring them to black. I imagine it would work well with any black floor mats. I originally got it to protect the foam and rubber around the doors.

Reactions: jcanoe
Any good recommendations for a mattress that will fit in the back for overnight camping?
The Exped Megamat duo is great. It's a rectangular mat. The 41" wide ones just fit in the back. I think either length will fit. They also make one that is designed for Teslas, the Exped Megamat Duo 10 TXY:

Unfortunately, these are all pretty expensive. They are not super small when compressed. Can fit in the frunk though. Very comfortable. Not super easy to roll up. But IMO this is the way to go if you're bringing a significant other. For one person, especially for just one night, I'd go with something smaller so you have some space alongside the mattress for putting/storing things. Otherwise the back is almost all mattress especially with the TXY version.

For anything inflatable I highly recommend getting a usb rechargeable air mattress pump. I got the Flextailgear Max. There are many others. It inflates and deflates. I wouldn't take it backpacking but for car camping it's perfect.