TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Accessories

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by asayal, Sep 26, 2016.

1. asayal

asayal New Member

I recently purchased a 2010 roadster. I was hoping I could find the following accessories:
    Hard top
    Double Din radio and Trim
    charging cables
    Any other accessories.
    I am close to Toronto, Ontario Canada.
    Thanks

2. thefortunes

thefortunes Member

I have a twilight blue hard top that I am willing to part with (barely used it last year). It is in perfect condition with the Tesla case.

I'm in Wisconsin, so not too far for shipping.

3. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

More appropriate in the "wanted" section than in the technical discussion section:

Want to Buy

4. MileHighMotoring

Double DIN radio - do you currently have the single DIN? It's major surgery to convert, FYI.

• Helpful x 1
  5. DeedWest

DeedWest 2011 Roadster 2.5 Sport #1438

Hard Tops are rare to locate used...sometimes color-matched tops can be found laying around overseas in service centers (according to a friend) but the easiest option would be to buy the Carbon Fiber top from Tesla themselves on their shop page.

You can also find charging cables there.

As far as Double-DIN, I echo others' responses. It's major surgery and a major cost. It may be extremely difficult to locate some of the parts nowadays. I haven't personally heard of anyone having the conversion done as of too recent...anyone care to chime in on that?

6. shrink

shrink Member

I think jimmyz80 and I were the last ones to do the conversions and we went about it in circuitous ways. He sounds much more handy than I and I think did most of it himself - and snatched up some of the last remaining parts. I wrote up an "Unofficial Double-DIN conversion guide" somewhere. I'm sure a quick search will turn it up.

It's not impossible. But it is expensive, laborious, and time-consuming. You have to cut your dashboard and have several pieces - including vents, frame, and binnacle custom made. My local SC actually said they would do the conversion back when I started researching this, but they wanted $5500 just for the labor. Al and Ed's in West Hollywood, CA can do the conversion for little less, but that's not going to help the OP.

The conversation is certainly possible, but unless you're really handy with this sort of stuff, you're going to need the help of a quality local audio shop.

Again, search for my aforementioned post for more details.

7. supersnoop

supersnoop Tesla Roadster #334

There's a hardtop on eBay right now, but it doesn't come with the mounting hardware.

• Like x 1
  8. gregd

gregd Member

9. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

I have original trim pieces, sent OP message.