TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Accessory Discount when purchasing car?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by GuyGadois, Nov 24, 2015.

1. GuyGadois

GuyGadois Member

Has anyone received a discount for buying accessories like mats and adapters when they ordered or picked up their car? I noticed when checking out there was a section for Discount Codes so that had me think they may offering something. Every car I have purchased in the last 10 years gave some discount for buying their overpriced accessories.

Cheers!

2. GasKilla

GasKilla No Gas Know Peace

I'd like to know the answer to this too

3. BertL

BertL Active Member

I did not.

4. Barry

Barry Member

I was told stuff I buy in the local Tesla store would be discounted 20%, though I haven't tried it.

5. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

My understanding is that this only applies to apparel. Basically, if the sale of the item is handling by the showroom / sales team, it is eligible for a discount. If the sale of the item is handled by the parts or service team, no discount applies. So when I buy a shirt and a power adapter, I actually have to provide my credit card twice -- once to sales for the shirt and once to service.

Other than getting "free" items from service for stuff that was supposed to be part of my delivery (license plate frame, cargo net, etc.), nothing from the service department is discounted.

6. Beryl

Beryl Member

What are the delivery etceteras? I picking up mine next month (hopefully).

7. Cyclone

Cyclone Active Member

The the parentheses in what you quoted. My car was missing a few items when I picked it up:
    - license plate frame
    - front trunk cargo net
    - microfiber cleaning cloth for 17"

8. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

This is exactly right. I've bought stuff from the service department and there is no discount. But if you want to buy a T-shirt, you walk over to the other side, and get your owners discount (I thought it was 10% for some reason, but maybe it's 20%).

9. CLLACAB

CLLACAB Member

Are the cars supposed to come with a cargo net and a cleaning cloth? I just picked up my 2013 CPO and neither was included.

Thanks,
    Dave

10. BertL

BertL Active Member

Remember, what's standard, evolves with time, e.g. I had a $250 parcel shelf show up installed on my new S90D from the factory, that was still an option when I placed the order just a month earlier. Since I have a dual motor, I don't have the frunk microwave area where the cargo net would fit, but it is an option on the Tesla Shop last time I looked, inferring it may not always have been a standard item... But I'll defer to more informed people on such things.

FYI my cleaning cloth was inside the little hard copy summary manual in my glove compartment -- really, it's something you can get several of for $5 on Amazon.

11. aija SigX 649

aija SigX 649 Winged Lion

Referral credits can be used for accessory purchase

12. John Stuckey

John Stuckey Member

Except for those of us in Virginia and Ohio :)