TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Accessory Hitch installation after delivery

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Firewired, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Firewired

Firewired Member

I am looking at taking delivery of an inventory Model X which has everything i want except for the $250 Accessory Hitch. I don't plan to haul any trailers, but would like to use a 2" bike rack for 4 bikes. How difficult do you think it would be to have the accessory hitch installed after production? I asked the salesman, he didn't think so, but he sounded like no one had ever asked him that before.

Thanks.

2. PTatum

PTatum Member

@Firewired, I am in the same boat as you, awaiting my inventory MX (VIN 43XX), and I wondered the same thing. I also wondered if they installed the internal hardware on all the early MXs (similar to the active spoiler) in order to speed up production. We would need to hear from someone that did not order either the tow package or the accessory hitch to find out whether hardware is there or not. *fingers crossed*