TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Accessory hitch

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by modelx007, Dec 4, 2015.

1. modelx007

modelx007 Member

It is my understanding this comes automatically and is a 1.2 hitch. Which means you should be able to get an accessory such as this Hitch Cargo Rack | StowAway2.com ?

Vs buying the 2" hitch which requires air suspension.

2. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

And it is my understanding that the accessory hitch is a no cost option, but you still have to choose the option if you want it.

3. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

4. modelx007

modelx007 Member

So is it better to spend the money on 2" hitch with model x even though I'm sure I won't be pulling a trailer but will be using it for cargo carrier?

5. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

What are you going to carry?
    Will you want a bigger carrier that may somewhat cover up the brake lights and thus have built in brake lights itself (like my cargo box). 2" comes with hitch plug for brake lights.

I don't know if the accessory hitch is class 1 or 2 and what weight it would then allow.

Image: http://i.imgur.com/zmyNK2l.png
    zmyNK2l.png

Image: http://i.imgur.com/hpH9haQ.png
    hpH9haQ.png

6. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

7. modelx007

modelx007 Member

Initially I thought I could get away with a cargo bag to sit on top of the carrier as once I unpack I could fold the cargo bag. Going with cargo box you are stuck driving with the box. Ie; Disney world and various other places in Florida. I could also see someone deciding to steal the cargo box from the back...

8. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

Would someone post when they find out if the 1.25" accessory hitch is class I or class II?