Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accident and Repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_5194.JPG
IMG_5195.JPG
IMG_5193.JPG
IMG_5200.JPG
IMG_5197.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5201.JPG
    IMG_5201.JPG
    403.6 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_5198.JPG
    IMG_5198.JPG
    404 KB · Views: 149
Sorry to hear about the accident but I'm glad no one was hurt.

WHY?!?!?!?!

Because we live in a world where accidents happen. I would not look into it any deeper than that. It's not your karma, at least in my view.

COLLISION!!! Because "accident" implies there's nobody to blame.
(I can't claim that one...)

"Accident" means the incident happened unexpectedly and was not intentional or deliberately caused. It applies to this situation. People who rear-end someone because they are not paying proper attention are considered negligent in tort thus are at fault -- i.e. they shoulder the blame. People who ram someone deliberately take it out of the "accident" definition. That doesn't apply here.

Rammed at 40 miles an hour, I think you came out pretty good!
Still going to be a pain to care of everything. At least it appears no one was hurt.
Ya. Not looking forward to the hassle. I have state farm and miss diva texting instagram lady who claimed her car wouldnt stop then said her shoe got stuck has mercury insurance. Is mercury bad for claims?

i know was planning to take X to Montana in July. anyone think possibility of totaling it? Would get 75D i want compemsarion for depreciation
It doesn't look like enough damage to be totalled to me but you will have a claim for accelerated depreciation / diminished value since that type of claim is not prohibited by legislation in California. I think it's always best to get the repairs done before you bring that up. The limitation on diminished value claims is 3 years in California, at least according to this lawyer's website.

Good luck -- and I'm sorry to hear about your planned trip in July. It took me two months just to get an appointment with a Tesla approved repair shop up here and they told me it takes a long time to get parts from Tesla. Hopefully it's faster down there.

• Informative
Reactions: Nerdy_Engineer