Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accident and Repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I NEED ALL YOUR GUYS HELP and SUPPORT! THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING AND NEED SUGGESTIONS BECAUSE I THOUGHT THIS WAS ALMOST DONE BUT THEY NOW SAY THESE RIDICULOUS THINGS!!!

View attachment 236705 View attachment 236706 View attachment 236707 View attachment 236709

I would take a deep breath and try to relax until you get ahold of your agent tomorrow. Maybe someone inputted the wrong person's stuff onto your account? It looks like it's definitely an error because even on a 'normal' car, repairs would have cost much more than you have there. Maybe they have a new employee or someone just typed in a wrong number or something. Is there a national number for State Farm that you can call. Perhaps they can tell you where the information was inputted from, like did it come from your agent's office or somewhere else.

• Helpful
Reactions: BLKMDL3
I would take a deep breath and try to relax until you get ahold of your agent tomorrow. Maybe someone inputted the wrong person's stuff onto your account? It looks like it's definitely an error because even on a 'normal' car, repairs would have cost much more than you have there. Maybe they have a new employee or someone just typed in a wrong number or something. Is there a national number for State Farm that you can call. Perhaps they can tell you where the information was inputted from, like did it come from your agent's office or somewhere else.
Calling tomorrow morning. Didn't mean to put the whole thing in bold and sound crazy and wacky. it went to all bold when i put photos and was messing with code it must have changed stuff. will edit now. Thanks.

When my X totaled, State farm initially issued a check for $25,000 based on the initial estimate (the check was mailed to me). When detailed estimate was done, repair cost went above $80,000 and the car was totaled. The initial check that was issued was never used and returned back.
the thing is that they didn't include ANY of the parts in front. No bumper, hood, a pillar, fenders which all need replacement. Saw it online.

the thing is that they didn't include ANY of the parts in front. No bumper, hood, a pillar, fenders which all need replacement. Saw it online.
Well, maybe they are saying this: our client hit you in the back, here is the money to fix that. YOU were to too close to the car in front of you and couldn't control your speed resulting in you hitting it - that's your problem, have your insurance fix it......... just a thought.

Well, maybe they are saying this: our client hit you in the back, here is the money to fix that. YOU were to too close to the car in front of you and couldn't control your speed resulting in you hitting it - that's your problem, have your insurance fix it......... just a thought.
what does the police report say? that would state otherwise no doubt.

Reactions: BLKMDL3
This is my insurance... I was not close to the person in front of me, the person behind was texting and driving and smashed me.

Just got off phone with insurance agent. He thinks that the boss of body shop is to blame. Here is the story: The owner of the body shop is trying to buy the car from us to use as a loaner. Great, you may think. Wrong. He likely showed insurance the WRONG CAR with minor rear damage and they would base estimate off of so they wouldn't total it and he could buy it from us. They are sending someone back and making sure they look at the right car. This is what my agent emailed to claims:

Please reevaluate this claim. The body shop indicated that there was significant damage to the front, back and even frame damage and that the car was likely a complete total. Based upon our initial evaluation, there seems to be a huge discrepancy. Please advise. Did State Farm inadvertently look at the wrong Tesla? Please contact agent.

This has been the worst 6 weeks ever. Ugh, wish me luck.

Since when is an inspection so lousy? Doesn't the adjuster check against the VIN of the vehicle? Also doesn't insurance company have to go with the body shop estimates? I was told if it costs $150/hr to repair a Tesla the insurance has to pay up irregardless the standard labor rate is $75/hr.

Seriously what is the shop owner trying to pull here? Isn't that fraud?

Since when is an inspection so lousy? Doesn't the adjuster check against the VIN of the vehicle? Also doesn't insurance company have to go with the body shop estimates? I was told if it costs $150/hr to repair a Tesla the insurance has to pay up irregardless the standard labor rate is $75/hr.

I know, its ridiculous. I knew from the minute I talked to the boss of the body shop something was up. What I do know is when I went there was another black X that had minor rear damage and EXACTLY what was listed on estimate. Here is 2 pics that I found the of black X that has the damage listed on estimate. Complete insurance fraud.
IMG_7883.PNG
FullSizeRender.jpg

Its all crazy. I don't know how he didn't see the vin or this: Its all BS. Cant wait to be in a new car and be done with this *sugar*.

He wants my car as a loaner for his shop. Besides this I am usually very chill and forgiving and very patient(usually except for the past 6 weeks.) This is really getting on my nerves and is ruining my family vacation in Maine. If it doesn't stop by Friday, I will talk to a lawyer. For now will wait.

Attachments

• IMG_7810 2.JPG
    IMG_7810 2.JPG
    370.7 KB · Views: 40
I don't know that I would put it off so easily that the body shop owner is being purposefully fraudulent. Perhaps someone at this shop, like the admin assistant, put the wrong info in because they're both black. I'd like to think people aren't that mean spirited and not that dumb, because it would be dumb to think they would get away with it, you know. Everyone knows how much damage it had, so I don't think he would try to pull one over to the tune of that much money. I feel sure that on Monday they will get it all fixed for you! (At the very least, I hope so!!)

I don't know that I would put it off so easily that the body shop owner is being purposefully fraudulent.

1. I normally don't accuse people of wrongdoing and I am very forgiving but my insurance agent thinks he is trying to screw with us and obviously he makes more money if it wasn't totaled and he could buy it.

I feel sure that on Monday they will get it all fixed for you! (At the very least, I hope so!!)
Hopefully. Will post back tomorrow

Reactions: Mrcook4590
1. I normally don't accuse people of wrongdoing and I am very forgiving but my insurance agent thinks he is trying to screw with us and obviously he makes more money if it wasn't totaled and he could buy it.

Hopefully. Will post back tomorrow
Calm down dude. Your prior post did come off as a little nutty. You don't *need* our support. It sucks getting into an accident, but most of us have been in accidents... it's life, it sucks. Stop making plans based on assumptions and stop letting it control your life. I feel like a psychologist...

Btw, I don't think the body shop is conspiring to defraud you. It's more likely another scenario: he mixed your car up with the other one. Why would he want a model x for a loaner for a body shop? Whoops, wrecked my Kia; awesome, I get a Model X as a loaner. Makes no sense at all...

Calm down dude. Your prior post did come off as a little nutty. You don't *need* our support. It sucks getting into an accident, but most of us have been in accidents... it's life, it sucks. Stop making plans based on assumptions and stop letting it control your life. I feel like a psychologist...

Btw, I don't think the body shop is conspiring to defraud you. It's more likely another scenario: he mixed your car up with the other one. Why would he want a model x for a loaner for a body shop? Whoops, wrecked my Kia; awesome, I get a Model X as a loaner. Makes no sense at all...
Really didn't mean to sound absolutely mental but was really stressed at the time. Since every car but 4 were teslas and they have almost 100 teslas in at once they need loaners. Most likely they mixed it up.
Sorry and I promise I am not mental :)
Zack

Reactions: Peteybabes
I only read the last few pages of this thread, but I completely understand your pain and anxiety.

I too had to deal with Mercury when their customer rear ended me in my S back in January 2016. They initially allowed me a Model S rental through Enterprise Exotics. When (presumably) a higher up noticed the charges of over $200 / day for that rental, they had Enterprise stop that and put me on the hook for all of the rental. They refused to budge. I returned the car as soon as I could since I have another vehicle I can use (my truck).

They also refused to pay Enterprise directly and told me they would reimburse me after I paid. Of course after I paid, they only offered less than half (I don't remember exactly what it was).

I ended up writing and sending them a certified letter indicating that I was going to take them in small claims court for the remainder and gave them 30 days to respond. On the last day, they called me and told me a check for the full amount was in the mail. They actually followed through at this point.

I hate Mercury insurance with a passion and tell everyone that'll listen to me to get as far away as possible from them. My hope is that this causes them more losses then they would have "saved" by not reimbursing me.

I only read the last few pages of this thread, but I completely understand your pain and anxiety.

I too had to deal with Mercury when their customer rear ended me in my S back in January 2016. They initially allowed me a Model S rental through Enterprise Exotics. When (presumably) a higher up noticed the charges of over $200 / day for that rental, they had Enterprise stop that and put me on the hook for all of the rental. They refused to budge. I returned the car as soon as I could since I have another vehicle I can use (my truck).

They also refused to pay Enterprise directly and told me they would reimburse me after I paid. Of course after I paid, they only offered less than half (I don't remember exactly what it was).

I ended up writing and sending them a certified letter indicating that I was going to take them in small claims court for the remainder and gave them 30 days to respond. On the last day, they called me and told me a check for the full amount was in the mail. They actually followed through at this point.

I hate Mercury insurance with a passion and tell everyone that'll listen to me to get as far away as possible from them. My hope is that this causes them more losses then they would have "saved" by not reimbursing me.
I hate them too with even more passion. They are huge penny punchers and some of the people aren't so understanding and they made me have a Nissan rental. Then mercury told me my car would most likely be a total. Then they told me the person who hit me doesn't have enough coverage! So I had to go through my insurance, State Farm to total the car. It's been 7 weeks and no progress but should be solved within a week.

I hate them too with even more passion. They are huge penny punchers and some of the people aren't so understanding and they made me have a Nissan rental. Then mercury told me my car would most likely be a total. Then they told me the person who hit me doesn't have enough coverage! So I had to go through my insurance, State Farm to total the car. It's been 7 weeks and no progress but should be solved within a week.
couldn't you have at least got a nissan leaf? :)