Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accident and Repairs

BLKMDL3

Supporting Member
If you talk to the the other persons insurance company make sure to rant about how much other parts could be like the battery to make them scared to repair it instead of totalling.

he wants it totaled...so he can get a newer and better MX :D
Also I don't want to drive a car with so much structural damage. It will never be the same

BLKMDL3

Supporting Member
So, I am going into the body shop tomorrow to have a chat with them. This is unacceptable even if it was a mix up because when you see a quote of $52k you want to make sure it is the right car. It's not fair and I could have already had a new car. How do you A) not check the vin B) make sure it is a 60D NOT A 90D C) make sure mileage lines up D) LOOK AT MY CAR, IT IS CRUSHED! How do you mix it up?!?! Something went wrong here.

Ugh!! Insurance companies! The adjuster from the lady's insurance company has been really bad in communicating with me. I have had to persistently call over the past two days to get in touch with him. Unfortunately, I had to let him know that was absolutely unacceptable and that he needs to communicate with me better or things will go down hill, quickly. He was supposed to talk to me early last week after speaking with his insured. After radio silence, I emailed and called him yesterday. Nothing. So today, I emailed and called with no response, then found another phone number where I got in touch with someone. I was told that he'd call me back in 30 minutes. An hour later I called him back and got his voicemail, so I called the alternate number again. When I left a message with the receptionist this time, I told her that if I didn't hear from him today, things would go south. I've been very patient. He called back shortly thereafter and let me know that his insured is giving slightly conflicting data... as in she wasn't sure if I was in motion or not. Um, no. I gave him the number of an independent witness, and told him I would contact Tesla to prove that my car was not in motion when she hit me. She did admit to hitting me, which is good, but seriously!! I let him know that I'm very reasonable, but to please KEEP ME INFORMED! He has done much better after that. I reminded him that this Friday will be two weeks, and we need to get moving. :mad::mad::mad:

BLKMDL3

Supporting Member
Ugh!! Insurance companies! The adjuster from the lady's insurance company has been really bad in communicating with me. I have had to persistently call over the past two days to get in touch with him. Unfortunately, I had to let him know that was absolutely unacceptable and that he needs to communicate with me better or things will go down hill, quickly. He was supposed to talk to me early last week after speaking with his insured. After radio silence, I emailed and called him yesterday. Nothing. So today, I emailed and called with no response, then found another phone number where I got in touch with someone. I was told that he'd call me back in 30 minutes. An hour later I called him back and got his voicemail, so I called the alternate number again. When I left a message with the receptionist this time, I told her that if I didn't hear from him today, things would go south. I've been very patient. He called back shortly thereafter and let me know that his insured is giving slightly conflicting data... as in she wasn't sure if I was in motion or not. Um, no. I gave him the number of an independent witness, and told him I would contact Tesla to prove that my car was not in motion when she hit me. She did admit to hitting me, which is good, but seriously!! I let him know that I'm very reasonable, but to please KEEP ME INFORMED! He has done much better after that. I reminded him that this Friday will be two weeks, and we need to get moving. :mad::mad::mad:
What parts do you need? Just bumper?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC