Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accident and Repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife got hit several years ago. We let our insurance, State Farm, handle the claim. She was driving an older Honda Odyssey. State Farm used an outside firm to estimate what it would cost to purchase a similar Odyssey from a dealer. We had purchased the car new and it was relatively low mileage for its age. So they paid us more than we expected and more than we thought the car was worth. State Farm then recovered the loss from the other party.

It sounds to me like your car is totaled, I hope your experience is as good as ours was.

Curious what the estimate is on this one. For science! Even if it is a total it would be cool to see a Tesla body shop break down.

I wonder if the claim adjustment factors in aftermarket upgrades like Xpel wraps, chrome deletes etc (like I see op has)

State Farm is pretty good.. my '13 Altima was a total last month after my gf got rear ended, they paid out 30% more than blue book.

My wife got hit several years ago. We let our insurance, State Farm, handle the claim. She was driving an older Honda Odyssey. State Farm used an outside firm to estimate what it would cost to purchase a similar Odyssey from a dealer. We had purchased the car new and it was relatively low mileage for its age. So they paid us more than we expected and more than we thought the car was worth. State Farm then recovered the loss from the other party.

It sounds to me like your car is totaled, I hope your experience is as good as ours was.
The only problem is we have a unicorn 60D. We don't want to spend more than the car is now but we may have to sue Mercury for the difference. I am going to talk to my state farm agent, his name isn't jake and I won't call him at 3 AM.

• Funny
Reactions: Mrcook4590
Curious what the estimate is on this one. For science! Even if it is a total it would be cool to see a Tesla body shop break down.

I wonder if the claim adjustment factors in aftermarket upgrades like Xpel wraps, chrome deletes etc (like I see op has)

State Farm is pretty good.. my '13 Altima was a total last month after my gf got rear ended, they paid out 30% more than blue book.
how bad did she get rear ended? Hope they pay me back for AT LEAST my chrome delete. I also bought autopilot after purchase for 3k+tax. I also want them to pay for my new due at signing payment.

Not really that bad, side quarter panels, rear bumper, trunk, and exhaust were needing replacement ended up being around 65% of value and they called that a total. I got 3 auto body repair estimates which were all very close to the same $$$ and chose the shop I was most comfortable with.

You really have nothing to do with the insurance companies suing each other.. that is totally outside of your control. An insurance company can sue on your behalf without your permission. It's standard in the industry. It won't affect your payout though. Do some research on the claims process, it's really straight forward. Don't forget to file an SR1 with DMV.

You really have nothing to do with the insurance companies suing each other.. that is totally outside of your control. An insurance company can sue on your behalf without your permission. It's standard in the industry. It won't affect your payout though. Do some research on the claims process, it's really straight forward. Don't forget to file an SR1 with DMV.
I would personally sue them or maybe do claim through State Farm if it isn't totaled. I REALLY want it to be totaled. Don't want that accident on record and depreciation:mad::mad::mad:

If I am not mistaken you had your car taken to the shop yesterday?

What is taking them so long? I was able to do walk ins at each of the body shops we chose and get an estimate within 30 min.
I had them tow it because the washer fluid reservoir punctured and it leaked what looked like oil maybe battery acid and was making a LOUD noise. The adjuster will be there Tuesday. Maybe I will pop in Monday and make them give me an estimate.

Good luck! We're all wishing you the best, we all have that sinking feeling that this will happen to us at one point so we are all rooting for ya.
Thanks! This forum is really the best filled with (mostly) friendly people like you. I really appreciate everything you have told me! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Best wishes,
Zack

Best case totaled. I have a road trip planned late july. Should I get inventory car? Found some nice ones. Prefer black but considering midnight silver exterior. Need enhanced AP and 6 seats and black leather or white vegan interior. I want towing but can always do it after if nice car comes up.Here are some inventory cars. I like the 90D but don't need it. Like the acceleration but fine with 75D. I would get a 90D on the less expensive side compared to others. MAX $1400 per month. I have to get rid of my Audi A6 Prestige loaded to afford the new X. Will end up getting ghibli instead because the new X will be $300 more/month and ghibli will be $300 less per month so it evens out. Want to do clear bra and coating and 2 dash cams on new X. Thanks for your guys help!
Model X 75D 5YJXCBE22HF050004 | Tesla Black/Black. This one has a cool vin and nice options. tow.
Model X 90D 5YJXCBE22HF044641 | Tesla. Black/Black. LOVE this one. tow. ap. PUP. UHFS. 72A. Located in LA. 3k Miles. Ok? TOP END of budget but love this one! Will probably get this one!

Model X 90D 5YJXCBE20HF049286 | Tesla. Black/White. Located in SFO. 1k miles. Ap. no tow. PUP
Model X 90D 5YJXCBE21HF049295 | Tesla Gray/Black. AP. PUP. SubZero! NEW! in SFO.

Last edited:
Reactions: ModelX
Best case totaled. I have a road trip planned late july. Should I get inventory car? Found some nice ones. Prefer black but considering midnight silver exterior. Need enhanced AP and 6 seats and black leather or white vegan interior. I want towing but can always do it after if nice car comes up.Here are some inventory cars. I like the 90D but don't need it. Like the acceleration but fine with 75D. I would get a 90D on the less expensive side compared to others. MAX $1400 per month. I have to get rid of my Audi A6 Prestige loaded to afford the new X. Will end up getting ghibli instead because the new X will be $300 more/month and ghibli will be $300 less per month so it evens out. Want to do clear bra and coating and 2 dash cams on new X. Thanks for your guys help!
Model X 75D 5YJXCBE22HF050004 | Tesla Black/Black. This one has a cool vin and nice options. tow.
Model X 90D 5YJXCBE22HF044641 | Tesla. Black/Black. LOVE this one. tow. ap. PUP. UHFS. 72A. Located in LA. 3k Miles. Ok? TOP END of budget but love this one! Will probably get this one!

Model X 90D 5YJXCBE20HF049286 | Tesla. Black/White. Located in SFO. 1k miles. Ap. no tow. PUP
Model X 90D 5YJXCBE21HF049295 | Tesla Gray/Black. AP. PUP. SubZero! NEW! in SFO.
I typically don't intervene when it comes to what car people want to buy, but a Ghibli.... a GHIBLI! Unless you really know what your getting into, I would highly not recommend that "Car". (Read up on it if you don't believe me). If you like engine noise, but still something classy, I suggest the Lexus RCF: Build Your Lexus - Lexus.com (Great Noise and Interior)

Definitely shop around, as the ghibli will certainly have you rear ended :p

• Funny
Reactions: BLKMDL3
I typically don't intervene when it comes to what car people want to buy, but a Ghibli.... a GHIBLI! Unless you really know what your getting into, I would highly not recommend that "Car". (Read up on it if you don't believe me). If you like engine noise, but still something classy, I suggest the Lexus RCF: Build Your Lexus - Lexus.com (Great Noise and Interior)

Definitely shop around, as the ghibli will certainly have you rear ended :p
Trust me don't want it. I know what I am getting into. Love the levante. I want the engine noise. Need the lease to be around a levante price $550