Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accident and Repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ok, or buy a second set of 22's :)

i would seriously recommend getting on the phone with Tesla sales, they have access to even more listings than we can see.
Will do. have a friend at the showroom and maybe he can find one for me. Just typed up a 25 page legal document on what happened with pics and everything to show body shop tomorrow. Why doesn't it say where some cars are located. It happens to me all the time.
Thanks so much,
Zack

When you mean they have to many miles, is less than 500 acceptable or do you want it to be less than 100 or even 50? Also it looks like you pretty dead set on black otherwise black interior is pretty common and located in LA is fairly common and you could save close to $150 a month and they still have a good amount of options.

Reactions: BLKMDL3
When you mean they have to many miles, is less than 500 acceptable or do you want it to be less than 100 or even 50? Also it looks like you pretty dead set on black otherwise black interior is pretty common and located in LA is fairly common and you could save close to $150 a month and they still have a good amount of options.
Would consider 300 miles or less. Just want it to be perfect and not one that sat in the showroom. Want no swirls or chips. Would prefer 50 miles. Thanks. Vin 050004 is great. New Model X 75D 5YJXCBE22HF050004 | Tesla

Just went to avio coach craft. They are amazing there. Ask for Michael. They said 70% chance of total. He pointed out the rear fenders squished in which indicates frame damage. He marked it. If it is not total (unlikely) it will be a nightmare and will take at least 3 months.
IMG_8697 2.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3057.jpeg
    IMG_3057.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Just went to avio coach craft. They said 70% chance of total. He pointed out the rear fenders squished in which indicates frame damage. He marked it. If it is not total (unlikely) it will be a nightmare and will take at least 3 months.
View attachment 230992

damn that sux...look at all the rest of the tesla's just sitting there waiting to get work done!

probably all have dead batteries too.

Last edited:
@zackmilo - thank you so much for sharing your journey even though it hurts like hell.

Gives us all future guidance on what we should do if something unfortunate happened in the future.

Does that value mean totaled?
That is the value of the car. If the repair price exceeds a certain percentage it is totaled. I think it is 50 or 60%

We had an almost identical accident in our X5. Rear ended at around 40 mph by someone not paying attention. Our vehicle looked very similar to yours.

There was frame damage. The repair bill was $17K. Insurance did not total it (since it was a nearly new X5 with a MSRP of $69K)

I can't imagine what the estimated cost is going to be for your Tesla.... beyond saying "lots"

This is not the way the law in the USA works. They owe you a functional car that gets you from point A to B. You can argue that if you need 7 seats, it needs to hold 7. They do not owe you luxury or other things. Loss of use is only recoverable if the asset was directly used to make money.

There is no way you will get them to pay $2,000+ a week for a rental Model X.

Well, IDK about the states, but here in Canada (Ontario), I just recently got into an accident (while on autopilot! - will post later about the unfortunate limitation I found out the hard way...) - It was not at fault. Ended up my XPEL absorbed most of the damage, and was just a few scratches....but Insurance company said it would be too difficult to locate another Tesla and said I can get any car and they'd pay for my gas.

Went to Enterprise Exotics (Insurance company suggested it!) picked up an Audi A8L (had only 200km on it!) fully loaded for about a couple weeks (most of the time is due to the wait needed between when the car can be XPEL'd after paint). They authorized $10,000 per month for the rental.

Well, IDK about the states, but here in Canada (Ontario), I just recently got into an accident (while on autopilot! - will post later about the unfortunate limitation I found out the hard way...) - It was not at fault. Ended up my XPEL absorbed most of the damage, and was just a few scratches....but Insurance company said it would be too difficult to locate another Tesla and said I can get any car and they'd pay for my gas.

Went to Enterprise Exotics (Insurance company suggested it!) picked up an Audi A8L (had only 200km on it!) fully loaded for about a couple weeks (most of the time is due to the wait needed between when the car can be XPEL'd after paint). They authorized $10,000 per month for the rental.
What insurance company? WISH I WAS ABLE TO DO THAT!! we need pics of your accident. Love XPEL