Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accident and Repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NHTSA ratings on X: Where are they?

Man, it's a fine line between not wanting anyone in your car to get hurt and hoping you have a salvage. Just saw this thread you might be interested in.
I saw the ratings. I am so glad I have the car. I am so happy everyones ok. A car is a car and it can be replaced, a human can't.

Reactions: MXWing
Do you think it is totaled. There may be upper frame damage and there is punctured parts in the front where fluid sits. Hood is destroyed and the bumper and a pillar and headlight and front fender and rear bumper, liftgate, interior part around fwd is cracked and the painted part over the MODEL X letters the paint is gone. The right fwd is misaligned and some paint on the edges are coming off. Also the front T and the part under both snapped in half. The charge port won't close automatically. Totaled? Hope it is as dont want to wait around for parts when I need the car for a road trip in July.
Thanks
Zack.

Zack,
We aren't able to comment without inspecting the vehicle in person. Additionally, assessment of damage typically isn't complete until some parts are removed from the car as many safety features engineered into modern cars are hidden from the exterior.

Keep us in the loop with what happens!

My previous SUV was a Volvo XC90 with a tow package.. I always left the hitch in and I on three separate occasions I was re-ended. Having the hitch in served me well. The impact destroyed the front end of Toyota pickup truck and the front end of a couple of sedans - fluids leaking.. In total, the Volvo has scratches on the bumper and a small crease on the back panel... In all three cases, distracted driving... and I let each of them off without a police report or any damage claims...

This thread is a reminder that I should take the hitch out of the frunk and attach it to my MXP100DL - I was so enjoying the clean lines of the car but.....

Great thread and thanks for contributing...

My previous SUV was a Volvo XC90 with a tow package.. I always left the hitch in and I on three separate occasions I was re-ended. Having the hitch in served me well. The impact destroyed the front end of Toyota pickup truck and the front end of a couple of sedans - fluids leaking.. In total, the Volvo has scratches on the bumper and a small crease on the back panel... In all three cases, distracted driving... and I let each of them off without a police report or any damage claims...

This thread is a reminder that I should take the hitch out of the frunk and attach it to my MXP100DL - I was so enjoying the clean lines of the car but.....

Great thread and thanks for contributing...
Your welcome. I wanted to change the name from ACCIDENT!! To accident and repairs because I want this to be a sticky thread about Tesla Accidents in general and repair costs and time

It is. She was speeding and she claimed at first her brakes were out then said her shoe got stuck. Result of distracted driving. I rammed a suburban in front of me.
That's exactly why I have front and rear dashcams in my vehicle.. Puts a quick end to the false claims of "brakes not working" and such, so they can be ticketed for inattentive driving, etc.