Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accident Damage Advice - Rear Quarter Panel?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just FYI....I had similar damage on my quarter panel and bumper. Ski resort van backed into it while I wasn't in it. Insurance adjuster said $2100. Stuttgart Auto Body in Denver said $11000. Soooo...YMMV.

I had the ski resort's insurance pay the $11k to get the whole quarter panel replaced. It took 6 months for the whole process from beginning to end. That was the fault of both the body shop not calling me when parts were in and Tesla taking weeks to get parts shipped out.

QPs are 10-11k and take a long time.

REALLY try to get a body shop of some sort to pull it out if possible, your car is not going to look the same if you let them replace the QP

Color me SUPER confused that a QP replacement that up till now has unilaterally cost 10Kish, is now half that.

Somethings up...

Both places said they did not have to replace the QP. 6-8 hours of Aluminum work from behind to straighten. Plus paint.

The paintless guy expected same, he just said his tools couldn’t get the job done without disassembly and the paint would likely crack anyway.

True or not, I’m not sure.

Both places said they did not have to replace the QP. 6-8 hours of Aluminum work from behind to straighten. Plus paint.

The paintless guy expected same, he just said his tools couldn’t get the job done without disassembly and the paint would likely crack anyway.

True or not, I’m not sure.

Very impressive if they can do it. Although you kinda wonder, half the cost of a replacement for a dent = :(

good luck!