TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Accident damaged Model S, what do I need to repair this

Discussion in 'Model S' started by jasonkk, Apr 5, 2019.

1. jasonkk

jasonkk New Member

What would I need to get this Tesla back on the road apart from a new wheel, wing and bumper, shock absorber and brakes?

Any idea how much it would cost to put it back on the road? Can't do it through insurance.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. PWlakewood

PWlakewood Active Member

If you dont have experience with repair work you might find a local shop to give an estimate. No telling what all is needed until you tear off damaged parts

3. PWlakewood

PWlakewood Active Member

Is this your car?

4. maximizese

maximizese Member

Yikes! That looks like a good amount of damage. I would try to find replacements from a similar white Model S that was rear-ended. It looks like a new hood, fender, control arm, spindle, brake, driver door & mirror, bumper cover, bumper, fog light, headlight, radiator, mounting frame, shock/coil etc. Body work will be required to get the alignment and shape right or else the parts aren't going to line up.

5. drklain

drklain Member

If it is a D (AWD) model, you may also have to replace the front drive unit. Also, is the battery installed and undamaged? The fact the car is sitting on the ground doesn't bode well for a cheap or quick repair to make this car usable...

6. Russell

Russell Supporting Member

Looks like an insurance auction.

7. PWlakewood

PWlakewood Active Member

That's what I was thinking but wanted to make sure

8. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

If you don't know what it takes to repair that car, I suggest you skip that car.

9. boonedocks

boonedocks Active Member

Definitely more duct tape

• Funny x 1