TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Accident in Spain

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by cubbie, Oct 3, 2017.

1. cubbie

cubbie Member

Arrived in Spain yesterday
    Had a coming together with a cement mixer causing damage to my Model X 100D am I gutted
    Needs new wing offside and wheel rim and two new wings mirrors.
    I have got another month in Spain so I will tape the wing mirror on to get me back home.
    There is nothing Tesla can do as vehicle is drivable.
    So the next question is what is the likely cost would anyone like have a guess

2. DJP31

DJP31 Member

Oh dear that sounds awful! Haven’t a clue on costs but knowing Tesla it won’t be cheap or quick. Did the nearside mirror get wiped out as you tried to avoid the offside impact?

3. cubbie

cubbie Member

The near side mirror was pulled out of its base.
    I forgot to mention the day stated off with a bolt in my tyre, the garage I took it to fixed the repair in about 3 minutes. Well I took the car back to him this morning to get some tape to hold the mirror on. He took a look at it and within seconds he twisted it back into place. I was amazed and delighted.
    The body wrap I had on the car protected the paintwork so that just leaves the offside wing and wheel arch trim to get done. Going to wait till I get back to England to get it sorted. If I order the wing now it might be there by the time I get back