Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accident in Tesla S....any advice??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
acc.jpg

Any advice on how to proceed? Ive never had an accident before.

Have the collision on video....clearly not my fault...I have a 2k deductible on collision...

IMO. If you are clearly not at fault especially with witnesses or video I would always suggest filing a 3rd party claim with the OTHER parties insurance company.
By you going your own insurance, they will pay out any damages and injuries themselves and then go after the other insurance company for all damages and deductible if applicable. Problem with this method is it costs your insurance company money to do so, and well they will always get it back.

Yes, have contacted them and filed claim...how to proceed to get my car fixed is what am looking for....someone who has done it already and can maybe save me time or effort....but thx....calling my Insurance company was amazing advice...thx. :rolleyes:
In that case you should contact your local service center and find out who is the local Tesla authorized repair shop. That will be who you want to use.

Reactions: Mark2018s
IMO. If you are clearly not at fault especially with witnesses or video I would always suggest filing a 3rd party claim with the OTHER parties insurance company.
By you going your own insurance, they will pay out any damages and injuries themselves and then go after the other insurance company for all damages and deductible if applicable. Problem with this method is it costs your insurance company money to do so, and well they will always get it back.
I will raise this the next time I talk to ins co....thank you!

I think that’s bad advice, speaking from experience. You are already paying for your insurance to manage everything on your behalf; let them do so. In the case of an under-insured at fault driver, legal action, etc., you don’t need the stress of dealing with 3rd party. Your insurance will go after them aggressively to recover all money due, while your car is properly repaired and directly paid by your coverage.

Anyone want to guess the cost of this repair? Nows the time to show your estimating skills.

That back rim is toast btw.

Definitely more than $2k. Pay the deductible and get the car repaired. If there is body damage (hard to tell in the photo), you will want to find a body shop that deals specifically with a Tesla.

I believe Tesla's website has a listing of approved body shops you can search for.

Yes, have contacted them and filed claim...how to proceed to get my car fixed is what am looking for....someone who has done it already and can maybe save me time or effort....but thx....calling my Insurance company was amazing advice...thx. :rolleyes:
What kind of advice did you expect when you said you've never been in an accident before and was looking for advice on what to do next after having an accident?

What kind of advice did you expect when you said you've never been in an accident before and was looking for advice on what to do next after having an accident?
Id rather not get into weeds here...only a moron wouldn't know to contact the insurance co. Please do not reply, im not interested in a conversation with you, mods feel free to delete these posts.

Id rather not get into weeds here...only a moron wouldn't know to contact the insurance co. Please do not reply, im not interested in a conversation with you, mods feel free to delete these posts.
insurance will likely suggest a non certified repair shop, or fight you all the way regarding estimates and supplements. tell them if they insist on repairing the car at a non tesla facility or try to put you on some kind of budget because of it (grey area legally) tell them you'll be pursuing diminished value against the difference between a non-certified repair and a certified one.