Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ACCIDENT!!! Oh No!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
European Motor Car Works was the first authorized in OC and their work is excellent. The wait is for parts, so if you can use your vehicle as is, or with temporary repairs you can avoid the loaner until all the parts have arrived. Get your bids and check the quality before committing. I had to pay a portion for parts in advance when the windshield was replaced in 2017. They also accomplished an amazing buff and touch-up on the Signature Red for $50 that made non-dented rear corner scrapes almost disappear. Three repairs through the years for the 2012. An early defective windshield in 2013, a backup hit to a cement planter that damaged the lower chrome and black plastic bumper with clear bra replacement on the rear bumper (under $1,000 estimate kept insurance rate the same), and the damaged windshield/bumper scrape mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: K-MTG
European Motor Car Works was the first authorized in OC and their work is excellent. The wait is for parts, so if you can use your vehicle as is, or with temporary repairs you can avoid the loaner until all the parts have arrived. Get your bids and check the quality before committing. I had to pay a portion for parts in advance when the windshield was replaced in 2017. They also accomplished an amazing buff and touch-up on the Signature Red for $50 that made non-dented rear corner scrapes almost disappear. Three repairs through the years for the 2012. An early defective windshield in 2013, a backup hit to a cement planter that damaged the lower chrome and black plastic bumper with clear bra replacement on the rear bumper (under $1,000 estimate kept insurance rate the same), and the damaged windshield/bumper scrape mentioned earlier.

I called Tesla and they told me to go directly to the body shop so I am going to European Motor Car Works. But I am not sure if I should go to the one in Costa Mesa or the one in Santa Ana?

I called European Motor Car Works and they told to bring the car in today for an estimate...they have a one week wait for an appointment which is manageable since I can still drive the car

After a quick call, they said to visit their new location at 3030 Pullman Street, Costa Mesa. It is next door to the Costa Mesa Tesla Service Center.

Repair work continues at the original Santa Ana location with improvement/expansion planned to reopen for customer service in the future. At that time they will have two locations for estimates. This is encouraging news as the need for repairs increases with the growth of Tesla.

Last edited:
  • Informative
I had my first model S repaired at European Motors works--they were excellent. They just moved from Santa to next door to the Costa Mesa service center to a much larger facility. I was just there two days ago. Someone scrapped the left rear of my new model S in a parking structure--estimate is $5K. I have not talked to them about scheduling yet.

I will not take my Tesla anywhere else.

Went to the shop next door to the Costa Mesa SC...it was filled with Tesla’s. They had a Model 3 as well!!

80FF7A03-8DDF-4F50-A1E8-E11BA0C2E91F.jpeg

If they can repair it, it will cost $3200 and it will take 10 days. Not sure how much it will cost to replace. I got the next available appointment for next week.

I also told them I won’t be using insurance and I probably won’t or else my premiums would skyrocket...I am only paying $400 annually for my X insurance

Reactions: Mark Z
Just saw this. There is another body shop in Irvine that I have used for several vehicles. They are sloooow in y experience, which is a fair amount. Over the years I have come to the conclusion of a minimum of 1week/$1,000 of repair expense. No point in naming them and I won't. Best of luck on your repairs.

If all else fails I have an Apollo 1050VR...

Thank you very much

Fury

Went to the shop next door to the Costa Mesa SC...it was filled with Tesla’s. They had a Model 3 as well!!
Captain Sunshade, I'm really sorry to hear about your scrape. You can't seem to catch a break. Between this, the leaking AC refrigerant, and the lady that backed into you, I think your car might need an exorcism.
Just curious, was the Model 3 in for damage repair, or was it getting customized?

Prevention is a good idea. Why not add in the cost of removing the brick pillar.

Yea I will do that...at the very least I will have it trimmed.

Captain Sunshade, I'm really sorry to hear about your scrape. You can't seem to catch a break. Between this, the leaking AC refrigerant, and the lady that backed into you, I think your car might need an exorcism.
Just curious, was the Model 3 in for damage repair, or was it getting customized?

Maybe I need to upgrade to a 100D to resolve this lol...

I didn't see any damage on the 3, maybe it's getting a detail prior to delivery. It's right next to the SC so maybe they have an agreement or something