Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ACCIDENT!!! Oh No!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the Model X back from the body shop on Saturday and it looks excellent, though I can't examine the paint very closely with the gloomy, rainy weather we are having.

Over $9K in damage from a deer!

Did you know that Model X headlight assemblies cost $1,125 not including installation?

Yay on the return of the vehicle!!

Even with all the following, that does seem high. At the same time, one valve for a GM AWD rear axle lists for over $400. Optical level injected molded plastic is not a cheap process. From my understanding, even something like a fingerprint on the die will show up in the final item (may get a cleaning each cycle). Also with the multiple LEDs, I expect each has its own constant current driver circuit, along with the assembly's micro and PCB. Tack on a custom heatsink, and that is a chunk of design/ tooling to amortize over the X volume. Did you get original part back?

D5FE3623-7377-4876-9378-6D5D6AB39336.jpeg
OP I have a question! what happend to your back up sensors? did you hear any warning sound from the sensors before you hit ?

Someone backed into me in a parking lot. Estimate is $12,000. Just went in the shop 3 days ago. Said 3weeks.

I would be very surprised if it only takes 3 weeks. From what I've seen on this forum, I would plan for 3 months and be happy if it only takes 2 months.
No kidding. We were at Class Auto in Signal Hill for FOUR MONTHS and ONE WEEK, although my wife did a lot more damage than what I've seen here (broke the front right wheel off the car, running into a curb).