Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accidental frunk openings with iPhone iOS16 widget

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious if others are running into this - I updated to iOS16 about a week ago and added the Tesla widget to my homescreen (the one attached). Since then, I've had 3 occurrences of the frunk opening accidentally, presumably from me hitting the frunk button somehow. One time, I was using the phone and it prompted me something to the effect of "Are you sure? You'll have to close it manually", but the other two times I didn't receive such a prompt, and just noticed that the button was showing it open some time later. One of those three times I did receive a notification that the frunk had been left open, but the other two times I did not.

I like being able to quickly see the status of the car, but for now I'm just removing the widget to prevent this.

Attachments

• photo_2022-11-27_07-31-24.jpg
    photo_2022-11-27_07-31-24.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 179
I'm curious if others are running into this - I updated to iOS16 about a week ago and added the Tesla widget to my homescreen (the one attached). Since then, I've had 3 occurrences of the frunk opening accidentally, presumably from me hitting the frunk button somehow. One time, I was using the phone and it prompted me something to the effect of "Are you sure? You'll have to close it manually", but the other two times I didn't receive such a prompt, and just noticed that the button was showing it open some time later. One of those three times I did receive a notification that the frunk had been left open, but the other two times I did not.

I like being able to quickly see the status of the car, but for now I'm just removing the widget to prevent this.

At some point, tesla removed the prompt to open the frunk if you were within some distance to the vehicle itself (presumably to allow you to open it faster if you were opening it when in close proximity to the vehicle).

I have all my widgets on one screen, and only swipe over there when I want to use one so I dont have this happen, but I could see it being an issue (like butt dialing so to speak).

Are you not able to change the command buttons that show?
I don't use widgets so I can't check myself.

Unfortunately, doesn’t look like you can change the buttons but you can use a smaller widget that has no buttons (just charge, lock status, last seen/update time).

At some point, tesla removed the prompt to open the frunk if you were within some distance to the vehicle itself (presumably to allow you to open it faster if you were opening it when in close proximity to the vehicle).

Yah, I definitely appreciate that when I’m intentionally trying to open it.

I think for now I’ll probably just use the Lock Screen widget, it does seem faster to get into the app vs unlocking to the Home Screen then tapping the app icon.