Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accidental or Deliberate [Resolved-Accidental]

Pismo

Apr 6, 2018
Denver, CO
So, I took my car into the dealership for an airbag issue and they found this.

I originally figured that since this past weekend, I was up in Canada and went on a service road to find the hike we wanted to do. Here we upped it to extra high on the suspension and made our way up. I know it wasnt the smartest idea, however, we made it in and out and rescued a few trucks who run out of gas.

Turn back today and they made me aware of this. I figured it would have been the service road, however, after looking at the picture closely, I see that its a screw and its screwed all the way though - what are the chances this could happen. In addition, it is in the side wall, and we all know if youj want to ruin a tire, you take aim at the sidewall.

I will have to check the sentry mode when I get my car back from Tesla, but interested to hear your thoughts.

PS: have reported the other thread.

Nail.jpg

Ludalicious

Feb 22, 2018
Vancouver
If someone wanted to put a hole in you're tire.... They sure wouldn't take the time with screwing a nail through 2 parts of the tire. Definitely an accident, no one would ever go through that much trouble

• Helpful
Reactions: Pismo

Kuhz

Oct 25, 2017
Mars
Defiantly picked it up somewhere on the road. It went in enough force to chip the wheel paint. Need an impact screw gun for that.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC