Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accidentally charged my Tesla to 100% last night. Will it explode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
nuke1_mini~2.jpg

nothing like an unplanned trip to two IKEAs, taking the wrong turning, and the M4 being shut to get your charge back down. 46% now, will need to charge again soon!
Ah was that your X parked in the Ecotricity CHADEMO bay in Bristol Ikea? Our leaf was dying of thirst ! then got stuck in that horrible tokyo festival traffic (was it really 40 000 people?)... cant wait to get my MS back from the SC !

Ah was that your X parked in the Ecotricity CHADEMO bay in Bristol Ikea? Our leaf was dying of thirst ! then got stuck in that horrible tokyo festival traffic (was it really 40 000 people?)... cant wait to get my MS back from the SC !

no I’m always a good boy. And was doing half a lap of the M25 :(

I did pop in to the local shell for a sandwich and the first time I saw both charge points in use (MG and a polestar 2), and a Leaf pulling up. Although I don’t know if those fast Shell units support chademo anyway?

Reactions: MoLeViP
yeah which is why phone batteries are shot in a couple of years. Since I don't need 100% of my phone battery most days I would like an option to set the charge limit on that to 80% to protect the battery. Strangely Samsung seem to have no interest in providing this. Its almost like they want the battery to fail in a couple of years.......
Same here, we use one of these to reduce overcharging;

Would you worry about filling a ICE car up to 100%??*

just get in it and enjoy the ride !

*yes not exactly the same ramifications but let's all stop being scared of EV's and get out there and enjoy them..

i saw a recent article from tesla that on testing , batteries that had done very 200000 miles only lost around 10% charge capacity.
Based on that, I’m looking forward to doing a few more miles which might improve my battery state.
I’ve only done 11,000 miles and I’m down to 10% already! - according to TeslaFi.