Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

accidentally left sentry mode on, what happens?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I could not get sentry mode turned off from the app, tried about a dozen or more times with no response. I was called away so I left it and forgot to come back. It was about 4 days. Car was in my garage and I was in there frequently during the day, probably triggering it. So, what happens? does it cause excessive discharging from the 12 volt battery reducing its life? When wife drove car today she momentarily got a blank screen. the High voltage battery may have discharged about 10 miles over the 4 days. 2021 Model Y long range, 17,500 miles.

The blank screen occurs randomly for many who post here. It's usually very brief, all car mechanical functions remain operable, just no computer screen activity. I'm at 45k miles, the blank screen has occurred fewer than 5 times.

• Informative
Reactions: GSP
I could not get sentry mode turned off from the app, tried about a dozen or more times with no response. I was called away so I left it and forgot to come back. It was about 4 days. Car was in my garage and I was in there frequently during the day, probably triggering it. So, what happens? does it cause excessive discharging from the 12 volt battery reducing its life? When wife drove car today she momentarily got a blank screen. the High voltage battery may have discharged about 10 miles over the 4 days. 2021 Model Y long range, 17,500 miles.
Phantom battery drain increases somewhat, but as others has said nothing to worry about. The car will automatically turn it off if the battery goes below a certain point, I think 20 percent…

Reactions: GSP