Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accidentally ordered 2 Model Ys -Tesla wont refund one of the orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People don't call customer service every small things especially if they have to wait for 20 mins for all customer service calls.
If tesla didn't send email, fine, it should at least show in orders in the Tesla App so that customer doesn't order twice. That's Tesla's fault not customer's.

My wife ordered a Y the day after prices dropped and then accidentally ordered a second. She has a Tesla account but wasn't logged in at the time of the first order, then logged in and the reservation didn't show up in the account. No confirmation email at this point either. So ~25 minutes later assuming it hadn't gone through she ordered another. The confirmation email for the 1st arrived 50 minutes after the first order, the 2nd 8 minutes later. At this point she called the number on the reservation screen (888-51-TESLA) and got through to someone who told her that it's non-refundable. She explained the situation to them but they refused to refund one of the order fees. We've both called multiple times since then and left voicemails, but haven't had any of the calls returned.

Has anyone else dealt with this? We haven't cancelled the second order yet since we're hoping to have the $250 refunded or applied to the first, but at this point I'm thinking of involving Visa. I get they're cracking down on people selling reservations, and I sympathize with them on that, but it seems like this is a legitimate case of thinking the order hadn't gone through as it took almost an hour for an automated email to be sent.
Hi dmwahl,

If you still happen to have your duplicate order, please let me know as I may be able to take it over!