Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accommodation advice please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

exlatccatsa

Supporting Member
Mar 6, 2020
Kemnay
I find myself in the unusual position of having to stop overnight somewhere on the Scotland/England border. A combination of having my one year old grandson and his mother in the car and me not wanting to drive too far after being ill.
I'm used to doing the trip in one day and in my younger days 540 miles overnight made the best sense with young kids sleeping. As I haven't done a night shift for a good while, I'm going to stick to daytime (ish) travelling and so I'm looking for reasonably priced, baby friendly accommodation close to the M74/M6. Any reccomendations gratefully received. Thanks.

Reactions: MikeeUK
7D67B544-DD72-475F-BA95-33CE0C28AC51.png

The Days Inn was fab and next to superchargers..Hope you feel better

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have a look at them all. With the projected colder weather I'll probably be charging at Abington and then Warwick or Wheatley on the way South so won't need the overnight charge. Days at Gretna looks like a good option but at 240 miles too long for a one stopper. I need about 12c and no rain to get there.
Keep the suggestions coming...

I've been using ABRP for the planning, trying to keep the stops every 2 hrs.. I haven't travelled with a 1 year old for a very long time .. (24 years!!) its looking like 2hr to Perth, change , charge and eat, 2 hrs to Gretna Days Inn overnight and charge, 2 hrs 20 to Keele change and charge, 2 hrs 30 to High Wycombe.
25 hours travelling, 13 30 overnight and meal stop, 2 hrs meal stops.
I can do that journey when it's 2c and raining with a 10mph headwind as a worst case scenario.
Thanks for all the advice.
Chris

Reactions: Tom Tes
Worth noting Keele South just has 4x V2 stalls and is commonly busy. There is the new V3 at Trentham but it is a bit off the motorway. Try your ABRP route with an early stop at the BP site M6 J27.

M6 Toll isn’t cheap but definitely recommend. Rules out V3 at Hilton Park though.

Warwick South would be a good stop if you can make it that far.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Update. Just arrived at High Wycombe. I gave my daughter the post, she tried the Days Inn at Gretna services but they were fully booked. She then found a little gem in Gretna itself, Prince Charlie's Cottage, £60 a night for the 3 of us and a lovely breakfast as well. Off road private parking and a really friendly welcome and only 2 miles from the supercharger.
Thanks for all the recommendations.
BTW. We did stop at Keele and it was quite busy I limited the charge to 90% and was further limited by Tesla to 80%, I changed it to 90% as I wanted to try to get to High Wycombe without the stop at Warwick but it stopped charging at 80% and they gave me a charge whilst I waited for 5 minutes for the 90% charge before I realised it wasn't charging any more and moved the car..we ended up charging at Warwick anyway due to a smelly nappy!!

Reactions: NewbieT