Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

According to Tesla - Any Deliveires that Dont have a contract already are delayed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a call Saturday at 7:20 PM PSt to let me know there is the possibility of a delay to my Sunday 2:15 delivery, less than 24 hour notice! I called again this morning and there is still no word on whether I’ll get my car today. They best they could do is call me 30 minutes before to let me know what’s going on. I’ve already traded in my car Saturday before they called so I’m stranded. I pressed for a rental car but the best they could offer was Lyft to and from work on Monday. This has been super frustrating.

Hey All,
The pickup worked out well and I am super happy. I hope all others got their cars too.

One thing to note, if Tesla didn’t wait until last minute to do contracts , they could have them a week before and even a 3 day server outage they can do like the old days and have physical paperwork . I bet the ford dealers would still sell cars on a weekend if their computers where down . Like I said I love the car , just a thought .

Force

Reactions: daver6640
Hey All,
The pickup worked out well and I am super happy. I hope all others got their cars too.

One thing to note, if Tesla didn’t wait until last minute to do contracts , they could have them a week before and even a 3 day server outage they can do like the old days and have physical paperwork . I bet the ford dealers would still sell cars on a weekend if their computers where down . Like I said I love the car , just a thought .

Force
Congrats! Where are the pics o_O

Anyone else contract-less since last week? Waiting on a final contract to give to my credit union...

Me :( Delivery is set for tomorrow. But no contract still stuck with incorrect payment info and waiting on an email back from my ISA to help me feel better tomorrow is still the day. I'm going with Tesla finance though so I think I have up till tomorrow to get them my ACH. Still nerve racking. I need to plan around work...

• Helpful
Reactions: flyingpenguins
I was in local store right at open (was Supercharging and decided to wait in the showroom). I saw some people signing. There was an old guy who showed up, and he got a text while he was there saying his paperwork had issues and he'd be delayed a couple of hours. He was pissed.

I normally would have felt sympathy, but he showed up being a jerk from the start. Wouldn't give a straight answer when they asked him what he was here for so I felt no inclination to try and calm him down or anything. Tesla's better off without that kind of customer.

• Informative
Me :( Delivery is set for tomorrow. But no contract still stuck with incorrect payment info and waiting on an email back from my ISA to help me feel better tomorrow is still the day. I'm going with Tesla finance though so I think I have up till tomorrow to get them my ACH. Still nerve racking. I need to plan around work...

I was pretty much in the same state yesterday going to the Costa Mesa delivery center. On my drive to the center, still had no contract. But once I got there, everything was ready to ACH on the spot.

I was pretty much in the same state yesterday going to the Costa Mesa delivery center. On my drive to the center, still had no contract. But once I got there, everything was ready to ACH on the spot.

I'm more worried then normal because it is a home delivery. There is no place for them to come up with paperwork (near as I can tell) or for me to ACH it. But who knows fingers crossed and all that. Maybe the Tesla guy/gal driving brings it with them?

Anyone else contract-less since last week? Waiting on a final contract to give to my credit union...

I'm in the same boat -- my credit union needs the final contract to give me the check, but no contract yet and my delivery appointment is at 4:00 tomorrow. If they give me the contract AT delivery instead of beforehand, I will have to leave to go to the credit union to pick up the check, and presumably that will screw up the delivery appointment?

I'm in the same boat -- my credit union needs the final contract to give me the check, but no contract yet and my delivery appointment is at 4:00 tomorrow. If they give me the contract AT delivery instead of beforehand, I will have to leave to go to the credit union to pick up the check, and presumably that will screw up the delivery appointment?
Yeah, I bet the CU needs a bit of lead time to prepare the funds on their end, right?

Yeah, I bet the CU needs a bit of lead time to prepare the funds on their end, right?

They certainly do -- I dropped by the CU earlier this morning and it sounds like it could be a quick process once the contract is executed (I'm imagining taking pics with my phone at the delivery center, converting to PDF, and emailing it over). However, the CU closes at 5:00, so it may be super tight to leave the delivery center via Uber/Lyft with a 4:00 appointment, pick up the check at the CU, and head back. I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow, but I'm happy to post an update!

The credit union just writes a check. They don't have to go print money or anything. I'm quite confident that a credit union could cover any check written for a Tesla.

There is nothing they need to do to get ready.

If you are already pre-approved...there is nothing for them to do but write a check.