Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Account Name change before VIN assigned

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Folks, I ordered an MYLR back in Feb and its EDD is Oct - Nov. So my wife (we live separate) asked if I am willing to give me spot to her. So we went into tesla store and the SA changed registration details and uploaded her driver license. However the account name and email are still mine. When ai contacted Tesla email, they said I have to wait for delivery to get account owner changed. Will that cause any issues for my wife to get a loan. She would also like to claim California Clean Vehicle Rebate. Unsure what documents will show under my name if account details cant be changed.

Hey Folks, I ordered an MYLR back in Feb and its EDD is Oct - Nov. So my wife (we live separate) asked if I am willing to give me spot to her. So we went into tesla store and the SA changed registration details and uploaded her driver license. However the account name and email are still mine. When ai contacted Tesla email, they said I have to wait for delivery to get account owner changed. Will that cause any issues for my wife to get a loan. She would also like to claim California Clean Vehicle Rebate. Unsure what documents will show under my name if account details cant be changed.

Nope. Loan and title are purely based off the data from the order (registration).

The only caveat - and this happened to me - was my transfer (to a fellow Floridian) got blocked at delivery since the order name/address did not match the account name/address. We worked out a way to transfer my VIN to his own order and he drove off that day saving himself $5K (he paid my $250 fee and that’s it). Since you are married to the new registration person I doubt the Tesla service center would block delivery.

Have a question I ordered MYLR on jan29th and my Estimated delivery was Feb- Mar 2023 until this morning. I was getting alerts from TESLA to upload Driving license info to the account through the app. I uploaded my spouse DL as primary and mine as secondary and now the Estimated delivery: Mar - May 2023. Does it mean I am just added to the queue now?