Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Account page changed from 'Prepare for Delivery' to asking for details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you allowed to enter trade in information from Tesla quote now but if you get a better one later can you change? Same with getting a loan from Tesla vs outside bank.

I just didn’t know if you don’t fill out all this info now will it definitely delay delivery?

I don't have experience with trade-in with Tesla.
I am sure you can remove the "trade-in" if you get better deal from somewhere. The trade in quote from Tesla is good for 30 days. Check it out here:

Trade-in Value | Tesla

My experience with loan and Tesla orders - I select "pay cash" then I get a loan once VIN is assigned (usually means 1-2 weeks to delivery). If you apply for loan too soon, might end up "expiring" on loan while waiting for VIN/car. You can have Tesla match/beat the loan too.

If you don't fill out the requested info means you are not ready to accept delivery - so those who submit gets assigned VIN first (assuming same trim level).

I'm in the same boat re: Account Page!

Under the self acquired loan, there is wording which states, "1. Obtain financing approval As your delivery date approaches, we will prompt you to apply for financing. Approvals are typically valid for 30-60 days depending on your lienholder’s policy".

Based on this, I would say it's possible that Tesla believes they can deliver the vehicle within 30-60 days. Wishful thinking? With the recent drop in Fed interest rate, I'm hoping for a commensurate drop in auto loans. Might drag my feet on completing this form to see what happens.

Ordered: White, LR-AWD, Black Interior, Autopilot w/20"ers.
Order Date: Feb 17th, 2020
I selected the self acquired loan option too but it had me enter my lender info - nothing about financing approval etc.. leading me to believe I may be closer to delivery. Or just wishful thinking perhaps.

I selected the self acquired loan option too but it had me enter my lender info - nothing about financing approval etc.. leading me to believe I may be closer to delivery. Or just wishful thinking perhaps.
It actually says: "You have chosen to arrange your own financing through a bank or credit union as your payment method. We will use the information to draft up your contract. Once ready, you will be able to review and provide your signature."

Sounds promising!!

Holy smokes, I just received the text message from Tesla:

Congratulations! Your Model Y is ready for delivery in March 2020.

To take delivery as soon as possible, log into tesla.com/teslaaccount and complete any remaining steps such as financing or trade-in. Please reply to this text with any questions and a Tesla Advisor will follow up.

Welcome to the Tesla family.

I posted it earlier, but ordered on Feb 17th. LR-AWD in White w/ Black interior and 20"ers. Raleigh, NC.

. upload_2020-3-7_9-32-45.png

To take delivery as soon as possible, log into tesla.com/teslaaccount and complete any remaining steps such as financing or trade-in. Please reply to this text with any questions and a Tesla Advisor will follow up.

I posted it earlier, but ordered on Feb 17th. LR-AWD in White w/ Black interior and 20"ers. Raleigh, NC.

.View attachment 519116
Yup, me too. Just got the text.

Deep Blue LRAWD
black interior, Non FSD
20" INDUCTION
ordered 1/25/2020
CT

.View attachment 519116
Great! Hoping for my text now, will be distracted all day... :)

Last night my account page changed from 'Prepare for Delivery' to asking for details (address, DOB, DL, etc). I have not received any contact from Tesla regarding my MY order (not by text, email, or phone).

Is this a meaningful change indicating delivery might be coming soon or is it just another early step that everyone gets like 'Prepare for Delivery' was (it seems everyone with an order got that).

Mine did that as well! I went ahead and put in the details, and it says I'm waiting on a MVPA and delivery date. I haven't been assigned a VIN (tried the page source trick).

Details: 2/19/20 order date. Performance with the Performance Package, white exterior, black interior, FSD.

I'd be super pumped for an April or May delivery date, especially since I was expecting this summer.

AArons12 -
I guess induction wheels trumps the 19" with FSD as far as delivery goes.Or maybe there are more demand on LI rather than the Hudson Valley.

I just made sure they have my cell# on my profile, they may have tried to text to my home phone? GAS (grasping at straws)

I have 2 reserversations

1) Order placed 3/14/19 with $2500 deposit (1st night) for AWD/MSM/19" wheels/Black Interior/FSD/$57.5k. This still shows prepare for Delivery and not asking for any further details.
2) Order placed 02/25/20 with $100 order fee for Performance/MSM/Black Interior/FSD/~$68.9k. This order is asking for Details