Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Account page changed from 'Prepare for Delivery' to asking for details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So if you don't have a VIN yet how did you contact the delivery coordinator, and why do they expect delivery by the end of the month? Curious as I have a Red LR AWD / black / 20" wheels pre-ordered, all info loaded, financing arranged, etc.. and still waiting on a VIN - "drafting" is taking too long... :(

I meant delivery adviser, if that makes a difference. I received a text from the delivery adviser introducing herself and instructing me to complete the steps in my account. I asked when they expect to deliver and she replied by the end of the month. That was last week. I asked again yesterday when she was answer questions I had about the trade-in process and she reiterated before the end of the month.

Given the circumstances, not expecting it to happen before month end, but we’ll see.

Last night my account page changed from 'Prepare for Delivery' to asking for details (address, DOB, DL, etc). I have not received any contact from Tesla regarding my MY order (not by text, email, or phone).

Is this a meaningful change indicating delivery might be coming soon or is it just another early step that everyone gets like 'Prepare for Delivery' was (it seems everyone with an order got that).
Same here. I even put in my insurance and license info. Now it tells me that I have completed 2 tasks but I can't make payment.

Tesla changed the home delivery distance from 160 miles to 220 miles, My MX was home delivery a little over 12 month ago now we have to drive to Charlotte to get the MY. Even google maps is showing 220 miles from Mt.P. to the SC Charlotte, Tesla found a shorter but 30 min longer route with 195 miles and denied home delivery, pretty disappointing!
Yeah, it really sucks.

Just curious

Are you going with Tesla finance? Why would you not wait untill they assign vin# to you? You can perhaps try to get better rate elsewhere

Yes, went with Tesla Financing which approved me via Wells Fargo at 3.25%. Penfed rates for 60 months are at 3.49%. BoA is advertising rates starting at 2.69%, difference of ~$13/mo (vs 3.25%).

If all goes well, I will most likely payoff the car within few months, so keeping it simple.

Also, I really need the vehicle within 60 days. My current lease ends in mid-May. I may be screwed if Tesla is unable to deliver my car by then.

Yes, went with Tesla Financing which approved me via Wells Fargo at 3.25%. Penfed rates for 60 months are at 3.49%. BoA is advertising rates starting at 2.69%, difference of ~$13/mo (vs 3.25%).

If all goes well, I will most likely payoff the car within few months, so keeping it simple.

Also, I really need the vehicle within 60 days. My current lease ends in mid-May. I may be screwed if Tesla is unable to deliver my car by then.

Makes sense!

I checked this morning to see if my page had changed (as I do every morning) and no change. Then after reading this thread tonight, I logged in and sure enough, it let me enter all my details. So probably a web glitch again. It was fun to put in all my info though. I have a bet with my wife that my car won't arrive until after her birthday, in May, so I am now conflicted, win my bet, or get my car earlier than I expected...

I meant delivery adviser, if that makes a difference. I received a text from the delivery adviser introducing herself and instructing me to complete the steps in my account. I asked when they expect to deliver and she replied by the end of the month. That was last week. I asked again yesterday when she was answer questions I had about the trade-in process and she reiterated before the end of the month.

Given the circumstances, not expecting it to happen before month end, but we’ll see.
Good for you! No one has contacted me yet though I have all info provided and loan approved - hopefully they’ll be in touch soon .