Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Account page changed from 'Prepare for Delivery' to asking for details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m at the “drafting contract” phase. LR AWD white / black / 20” wheels / no-FSD.

Delivery coordinator out of Las Vegas said the plan is still to deliver before the end of the month, but no VIN yet.

A friend of mine said he saw a white Model Y being loaded up with luggage in the parking lot of our local Tesla store...hopefully not my Y being used as their shuttle vehicle. :)
How did you figure who your delivery coordinator is?

My Prepare for Delivery changed to asking me for a delivery address. I put in my SF East Bay address and it said that it couldn't deliver there. The options then were downtown SF or Burlingame, CA.

Unfortunately, because of the shelter-in-place restrictions, I can't make it to either locations. Oh well, maybe this summer.

3/19/19 deposit, LR AWD, white with black interior, and FSD

My Prepare for Delivery changed to asking me for a delivery address. I put in my SF East Bay address and it said that it couldn't deliver there. The options then were downtown SF or Burlingame, CA.

Unfortunately, because of the shelter-in-place restrictions, I can't make it to either locations. Oh well, maybe this summer.

3/19/19 deposit, LR AWD, white with black interior, and FSD
You can still go pick up your car. No one will stop you from doing that. It's considered an essential purchase (transportation)

• Disagree
Reactions: preilly44
So if they are only doing contactless deliveries does that mean only those who are not trading in a vehicle will be getting deliveries right now? Or maybe they drive your trade in back on the same truck that brought the MY? Anyone know?
I honestly can't answer your question, but I did call the Tesla service center in Charlotte, NC today where I'll be picking up my car and they said that a person will actually be assisting me when I pick it up. So maybe "contactless" is just an option you can choose but it sounds like there will be employee assistance as normal. He also told me they've had 3-4 new Model Y's delivered already.

When you guys selected self financed. Did you guy have to put information of lender? I am currently not sure who i am going with and might change lender as delivery is near.

Do you guys think that will be ok to do so?
In a similar situation. I'm not doing a thing until Tesla contacts me. Most banks/cerdit unions allow only up to 60 days for an available loan.

In a similar situation. I'm not doing a thing until Tesla contacts me. Most banks/cerdit unions allow only up to 60 days for an available loan.
I recommend choosing self finance and enter any random banks for now. I have confirmation from Tesla rep that you can always change your decision back when they contact you. Tesla rep recommends to apply for loan after you receive a call from them

• Informative
Reactions: beezy
I’m on the East coast too. 4 days ago I was told my car is built and “waiting for a truck” to deliver it to MA. A day later someone else called and said to expect a text in 7 days with my advisor’s contact info and to choose a delivery date. I took this to mean it’s on a truck already headed this way. Tuesday will be 7 days... fingers crossed.
LR/AWD/20” wheels/FSD/blue&black