TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Account Page Redesigned - Includes Estimate Amount due details

Discussion in 'Canada' started by drowningfish, Jul 20, 2018.

1. drowningfish

drowningfish Member

So I logged into my account today (as I have yet to cancel my order) and I noticed they redesigned the webpage. It now includes some more details. I also had to reconfirm my licence, insurance, etc. But I noticed they list a breakdown of the vehicle cost as well as your payment so far. What puzzles me is that for the sales tax they only used 5%. I would think they would confirm the amount of tax based on my address, so I would assume they would charge the full 13% HST in Ontario. Probably a system glitch right?

• Like x 1
  2. Kiyi

Kiyi Member

Sounds like you're receiving your car soon. Other posters on the forums mention the same thing but my page is the same as before with just estimated total.

3. jching

jching Member

mine is the same unfortunately :(

4. drowningfish

drowningfish Member

I've been "receiving it soon" for the past 3 months, LOL. After I configured (April 30) it said 4-8 weeks which I knew would be unrealistic. It disappeared quickly and haven't had a delivery estimate since. It now says Aug '18-Oct '18, which is the standard 1-3 month estimate.

5. pcons

pcons Support Movember: https://mobro.co/13874276?mc=1

Mine changed today as well, but the hst calculation is correct (9.3k on 70.7k AWD order).

I thought it had something to do with the fact that yesterday I changed my preference form trade in to no trade in, but sounds like others see the change as well...the next steps page says they are drafting up my final contract and will contact me when they have it ready...hopefully this indicated progress.

• Informative x 1
  6. drowningfish

drowningfish Member

checked again and it got corrected. oh well! :D

7. PAWilson

PAWilson Member

When I click in to manage, it says:
    Service Temporarily Unavailable
    We are experiencing issues loading your order summary. Please try again later.

8. Bytor

Bytor Member

I have the same update on my account. Due to the rebate switcheroo-thanks Doug-I needed to change my configuration to finance a portion. Pretty sure the 5% is a system glitch. Anyone know what current finance rates Tesla (RBC) charging? Gotta see if I can still afford this car!

Any information appreciated—account says a Tesla rep will contact within 48 hours.

9. T3l5aFan

T3l5aFan Member

If it's a Tesla rep contacting you it is final as things get. You could have a car as soon as a couple of days.

10. Ludatik

Ludatik Member

Logged in this morning and saw the exact same thing - more details, reconfirm everything, etc. Also, before today there was no indication of delivery date (was quoted 4-8 weeks when I first placed the order). Now it shows Aug-Oct delivery. My page still shows 5% tax.

• Like x 1
  11. Ludatik

Ludatik Member

My page now shows this too. I'm guessing once it comes back online, my 5% tax will be corrected to 13%. :(

12. PAWilson

PAWilson Member

Call Tesla and pay in full now with the current 5% showing :D

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  13. Bytor

Bytor Member

That would be perfect timing! Well actually perfect would've been July10 delivery!

14. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Member

RBC offered 3.91% when I signed for 60months. The rate can get as low as 3.7 If you chose a really short period or have a huge down payment. This was back in May though. Unsure what it is now.

15. jkirkwood001

jkirkwood001 Member

Would you please share your RBC contact, @5_+JqckQttqck? I have 7-figures of investments but no house equity, so BMO's only offered me 6.45%.
    Thanks.

16. jkirkwood001

jkirkwood001 Member

Wow, this page is still in beta! My (Ontario) sales tax still showing 5% (but this page is an estimate only so I can't pay yet!), and the OMVIC and Tire Fee weren't there 20 minutes ago!

upload_2018-7-20_16-56-11.png

17. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Member

It was all done through Tesla , I PM'd the Tesla contact.

• Like x 1
  18. jkirkwood001

jkirkwood001 Member

Thanks!

PS We've got the same order Red LR, PUP, EAP, AERO18 (AWD?) :cool:

19. spurs10

spurs10 Member

Your account says rep will contact you within 48 hours to schedule delivery?

20. Bytor

Bytor Member

Yes to the contact within 48 hours but no mention of delivery