Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Account Page Redesigned - Includes Estimate Amount due details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I logged into my account today (as I have yet to cancel my order) and I noticed they redesigned the webpage. It now includes some more details. I also had to reconfirm my licence, insurance, etc. But I noticed they list a breakdown of the vehicle cost as well as your payment so far. What puzzles me is that for the sales tax they only used 5%. I would think they would confirm the amount of tax based on my address, so I would assume they would charge the full 13% HST in Ontario. Probably a system glitch right?

Reactions: jkirkwood001
Sounds like you're receiving your car soon. Other posters on the forums mention the same thing but my page is the same as before with just estimated total.
I've been "receiving it soon" for the past 3 months, LOL. After I configured (April 30) it said 4-8 weeks which I knew would be unrealistic. It disappeared quickly and haven't had a delivery estimate since. It now says Aug '18-Oct '18, which is the standard 1-3 month estimate.

So I logged into my account today (as I have yet to cancel my order) and I noticed they redesigned the webpage. It now includes some more details. I also had to reconfirm my licence, insurance, etc. But I noticed they list a breakdown of the vehicle cost as well as your payment so far. What puzzles me is that for the sales tax they only used 5%. I would think they would confirm the amount of tax based on my address, so I would assume they would charge the full 13% HST in Ontario. Probably a system glitch right?

Mine changed today as well, but the hst calculation is correct (9.3k on 70.7k AWD order).

I thought it had something to do with the fact that yesterday I changed my preference form trade in to no trade in, but sounds like others see the change as well...the next steps page says they are drafting up my final contract and will contact me when they have it ready...hopefully this indicated progress.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
Mine changed today as well, but the hst calculation is correct (9.3k on 70.7k AWD order).

I thought it had something to do with the fact that yesterday I changed my preference form trade in to no trade in, but sounds like others see the change as well...the next steps page says they are drafting up my final contract and will contact me when they have it ready...hopefully this indicated progress.
checked again and it got corrected. oh well! :D

I have the same update on my account. Due to the rebate switcheroo-thanks Doug-I needed to change my configuration to finance a portion. Pretty sure the 5% is a system glitch. Anyone know what current finance rates Tesla (RBC) charging? Gotta see if I can still afford this car!

Any information appreciated—account says a Tesla rep will contact within 48 hours.

I have the same update on my account. Due to the rebate switcheroo-thanks Doug-I needed to change my configuration to finance a portion. Pretty sure the 5% is a system glitch. Anyone know what current finance rates Tesla (RBC) charging? Gotta see if I can still afford this car!

Any information appreciated—account says a Tesla rep will contact within 48 hours.

If it's a Tesla rep contacting you it is final as things get. You could have a car as soon as a couple of days.

Logged in this morning and saw the exact same thing - more details, reconfirm everything, etc. Also, before today there was no indication of delivery date (was quoted 4-8 weeks when I first placed the order). Now it shows Aug-Oct delivery. My page still shows 5% tax.

Reactions: T3l5aFan

RBC offered 3.91% when I signed for 60months. The rate can get as low as 3.7 If you chose a really short period or have a huge down payment. This was back in May though. Unsure what it is now.

Wow, this page is still in beta! My (Ontario) sales tax still showing 5% (but this page is an estimate only so I can't pay yet!), and the OMVIC and Tire Fee weren't there 20 minutes ago!

upload_2018-7-20_16-56-11.png

Your account says rep will contact you within 48 hours to schedule delivery?