Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ACE: Toyota with three new electrics in 2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From AllCarsElectric.com: Toyota Shoots Electric Hat-trick With Three New Cars for 2012

Announced at Toyota’s Annual National Dealer meeting in Las Vegas the Japanese automaker will bring one plug-in hybrid and two pure electric vehicles to the U.S. market by the end of 2012.

Leveraging the RAV4’s existing reputation, familiarity and Tesla’s legendary performance we think the all-new RAV4 EV could make Toyota a market leader in a segment currently crying out for an all-electric model.

From Gizmag: Toyota confirms 2012 US launch for all-electric Scion IQ

With the LEAF claiming a range of 73 miles (117 km) using the U.S. test cycle, the Think City claiming 99 miles (159 km), and the i-MIEV claiming a range of 85 miles (137 km), the Scion iQ is bringing up the rear with an estimated range of 50 miles (80 km). While this is probably enough for a city runabout, which is the market the iQ is aimed at, the deciding factor for potential buyers will probably be the price tag, which is yet to be announced.

50 miles? 50... miles!?? For the US market? I guess if they're cheap enough.

I wonder what the range will be for the RAV4 EV.