Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ACH on day of delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I realize there's been other threads on this, but it's been a while and it seems things get a bit in flux.

My ISA told me that Tesla doesn't take personal checks over $10k. They also said that ACH or bank checks are fine. I'd prefer not to deal with the hassle of a bank check in case I have to refuse delivery (not expecting to, but just in case). Can anyone confirm that ACH at the point of delivery works out? I'd rather not do it ahead for the same possible refusal reason. If so, I assume all that's needed is routing # and account #? Anything else to be aware of?

Thanks!

Bumping this to see if anyone has any insight. Taking delivery on Memorial Day, would like to just use ACH on day of delivery, but some folks on a Reddit thread are saying it's not possible.

One quote from my ISA:
"You are able to make your final payment by ACH or cashier’s check at delivery after your vehicle walk through."
Folks say that "or" might not be the way I interpret it.

Another quote:
"Your ACH payment portal is available in your Tesla account. You can also make this payment at delivery or provide a cashier’s check made payable to Tesla motors Inc."

That one seems fairly definitive, but I'd like someone who's done it before to chime in if possible.

My ISA contacted me just 4 days before delivery. I asked how long I have to initiate the funds and whether I can do it the day before, but she HIGHLY suggested I do it ASAP, even the same day she called. She said it's because it takes time for it to go through and they have to confirm the funds have been received before handing me the vehicle.

TLDR; No.