TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

ACH on day of delivery

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by RTPGiants, May 17, 2018.

1. RTPGiants

RTPGiants Member

I realize there's been other threads on this, but it's been a while and it seems things get a bit in flux.

My ISA told me that Tesla doesn't take personal checks over $10k. They also said that ACH or bank checks are fine. I'd prefer not to deal with the hassle of a bank check in case I have to refuse delivery (not expecting to, but just in case). Can anyone confirm that ACH at the point of delivery works out? I'd rather not do it ahead for the same possible refusal reason. If so, I assume all that's needed is routing # and account #? Anything else to be aware of?

Thanks!

2. RTPGiants

RTPGiants Member

Bumping this to see if anyone has any insight. Taking delivery on Memorial Day, would like to just use ACH on day of delivery, but some folks on a Reddit thread are saying it's not possible.

One quote from my ISA:
    "You are able to make your final payment by ACH or cashier’s check at delivery after your vehicle walk through."
    Folks say that "or" might not be the way I interpret it.

Another quote:
    "Your ACH payment portal is available in your Tesla account. You can also make this payment at delivery or provide a cashier’s check made payable to Tesla motors Inc."

That one seems fairly definitive, but I'd like someone who's done it before to chime in if possible.

3. Oloron

Oloron Member

I paid with ACH on day of delivery for my Model X.

• Like x 1
  4. drawfour

drawfour Member

Banks will be closed on Memorial Day. Does ACH work on non-business days? Or do they just need to see it initiated?

5. smalltownguy

smalltownguy Member

Just get a cashiers check from your bank.

If you have to refuse delivery, take that check back to your bank. They will credit it back to your account, no problem.

Costs a few dollars for the check. Very easy.

• Like x 3
  6. AviP

AviP Member

+1 to what some small town guy said. :)

7. Pkmmte

Pkmmte Le meow

My ISA contacted me just 4 days before delivery. I asked how long I have to initiate the funds and whether I can do it the day before, but she HIGHLY suggested I do it ASAP, even the same day she called. She said it's because it takes time for it to go through and they have to confirm the funds have been received before handing me the vehicle.

TLDR; No.