Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Act Fast: Loaded Brand New Tesla Model X P90DL (Being delivered Friday!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Act Fast: Loaded Brand New Tesla Model X P90DL (Being delivered Friday!)

I ordered a Model X P90DL in early January. After seeing the car in person, we decided we want to configure the car differently but it was too late to change our order. The car is at the service center and being prepped for delivery.

There is a very short window to title the car directly to you at delivery and have you purchase directly from Tesla. (so I don't have to personally pay the sales tax before reselling the car). If this option is available, you will pay me $10,000 non-refundable and you will pick up the car directly from Tesla Seattle. There is already a $5,000 deposit applied to the car so you will be paying $5,000 over list price. You will also get the $7500 tax credit.

If I can't retitle the car in time, the sales price for the car is $165,000 purchased directly from me (and you unfortunately lose out on the tax credit.

List Date: 3/10/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Act Fast: Loaded Brand New Tesla Model X P90DL (Being delivered Friday!)
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $151,200.00

buynowbutton.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

fee286e2-0331-4fa1-a09e-3a526a511b53.jpg

Compared to the premium other luxury car dealers add to cars that have a high demand and low supply it seems reasonable to me. Plus, it appears he is trying to recoup his sales tax as well. His OTD price (as he stated above) was around $160k. He's only tacking on a $5k premium. For a car with a huge wait time this is a great deal for someone who really, wants it, has the resources, and has no patience. He also stated he would drop the price if he could somehow defer his sales tax burden.

Compared to the premium other luxury car dealers add to cars that have a high demand and low supply it seems reasonable to me. Plus, it appears he is trying to recoup his sales tax as well. His OTD price (as he stated above) was around $160k. He's only tacking on a $5k premium. For a car with a huge wait time this is a great deal for someone who really, wants it, has the resources, and has no patience. He also stated he would drop the price if he could somehow defer his sales tax burden.

If nothing else I'd bet BMW would like to buy it. All this time they've been thinking the Model X was just a "prototype..." :)

I am going to try and make this simpler and clearer.

The car is for sale for $5,000 over *my* cost.

Option 1)
Car is titled directly to purchaser and they take delivery directly from Tesla.

Purchaser pays me $10,000 ($5,000 covers the deposit already applied to the purchase price) and purchases the car when it arrives. Effectively you are paying $151,200 (plus applicable taxes).

Option 2)
I purchase the car and sell it to the purchaser. In this scenario, I have to pay sales tax on the car bringing the total to ~$160,089. In this scenario I will sell you the car for $165,000.

Option (1) is clearly the most preferable for the purchaser. Looking at the web-site, it seems possible for me to change the titling information. For me, the result is the same.

Option 1 the buyer is first on title and gets the federal and any state tax rebate $7,500+

Option 2 makes little sense as the buyer is paying you a premium + your sales tax + sales tax again on their end + you keep the tax rebate. I'd suggest getting more creative on option 2 unless your seeing a higher level of demand for folks wanting a Model X right now vs waiting a month or two.