Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ActewAGL Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cafz

Jul 17, 2020
Australia
An email came out today from the ActewAGL charging network indicating that Evie is coming on board as the billing/app provider.

Pricing is changing as well, from the subscription-based model to a flat 40c/kWh for AC charging and 50c/kWh for DC charging.

The only site visible in the Evie app so far is the DC site at Anketell St Tuggeranong. A Plugshare comment says that this site is scheduled to have its CCS1 connector replaced with CCS2 this Friday.

Reactions: Chuq and moa999
Great news for interstate visitors who won't have to apply for cards in advance.

But even better that ActewAGL are finally finishing the conversions ( they converted Knowles Place from CCS1 to CCS2 in 2018)

Hopefully also means a better focus on system maintenance and expansion.

Pricing is still a bit high imho (not that ActewAGL was cheap with its per minute charging).

And the 50c/kWh for DC is higher than Evie's normal 40c for 50kW stations (60c for 350kW)

Last edited:
And the 50c/kWh for DC is higher than Evie's normal 40c for 50kW stations (60c for 350kW)
Those prices only apply to Evie's in-house sites, though - which these aren't. Where sites are owned by third parties, the site owner sets the price - eg Charging The Regions on Evie (the same applies to Chargefox, with for example the QESH sites).

The DC price is on par with Superchargers, I think it'll be useful for visitors travelling to or through the ACT. I think they're on a hiding to nothing charging so much for AC, though, particularly when several of the sites have high parking charges as well.

The only site visible in the Evie app so far is the DC site at Anketell St Tuggeranong. A Plugshare comment says that this site is scheduled to have its CCS1 connector replaced with CCS2 this Friday.

Just in time for the ski season. I imagine the ACT would be a natural charging stop for EV drivers between Sydney and Jindabyne.

Soo...we have Evie, Chargefox, Tesla..ect mobile phone apps to download, sign up to and keep up to date (sometimes in the country we don't always have great mobile phone coverage when travelling (looking at you here Vodafone).

Would be good for the Feds to show some leadership and standardise things (think rail here people for those that remember the different types of rail gage) as its all good for us Gen Y but I am thinking for the older generation who just want to 'plug in and go' don't want to be fiddling with which mobile phone app to open ( I am thinking of a friend of mine in her 70's who has an iPhone 4 and just recently bought a Tesla).

Soo...we have Evie, Chargefox, Tesla..ect mobile phone apps to download, sign up to and keep up to date (sometimes in the country we don't always have great mobile phone coverage when travelling (looking at you here Vodafone).
The Tesla is completely usable without the phone app (my wife doesn't use it because she is worried she loses her phone too often!).

With Evie and Chargefox you can request a physical card to use at the chargers - you can even register the same card with both providers so you don't have to worry about which one to pull out.

The Tesla is completely usable without the phone app (my wife doesn't use it because she is worried she loses her phone too often!).

With Evie and Chargefox you can request a physical card to use at the chargers - you can even register the same card with both providers so you don't have to worry about which one to pull out.
Handy to know, I shall pass the information along.

Looks like another one of these has just opened - a little bit outside of Canberra at Murrumbateman: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Interesting that it's a RT50 and apparently they are awaiting the "CCS cable to be swapped for CCS2 in Jan 2022".

The fact it's not an RTM75 and sounds like it had a CCS1 cable - makes me think that ActewAGL has had this unit sitting in a shed somewhere for 5+ years.

It's the closest site to Yass, about 20 km, so could be useful for people running into issues charging at Yass and need an alternative.

Interesting that it's a RT50 and apparently they are awaiting the "CCS cable to be swapped for CCS2 in Jan 2022".

The fact it's not an RTM75 and sounds like it had a CCS1 cable - makes me think that ActewAGL has had this unit sitting in a shed somewhere for 5+ years.

Very retro!

”Hey Bob - what’s this old box here? It’s got 2015 written on it.”

”Dunno Dave, pop it open”

”It says RT50. Can we use this somewhere?”