Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Active air suspension connected to Home Link?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been wondering if the active air suspension can be synced with the home link option. That way the suspension will automatically raise when pulling up your steep driveway at home.

Any news on this or thoughts?

Yeah would love a way to do this in update. I would to raise the car four times in my 7 mile round commute each day for home and work. A shortcut button would be sweet too in the top bar like where the home link is. Speaking of home link, I'm not a fan of howit's two button presses to activate vs. my quick button now that I don't even have to look to push.

Maybe that's not such a good idea. An air-suspension is very stiff on the highest setting. Most cars lower the suspension to normal height as soon as you hit 50 km/h or so.

The latest answer from Tesla's reps is that the 2012 version of the Model S will only adjust the air suspension based on highway speed.
We're not going to get any reliable answer from Tesla on pending features - nor should we. :)

The latest answer from Tesla's reps is that the 2012 version of the Model S will only adjust the air suspension based on highway speed.
We're not going to get any reliable answer from Tesla on pending features - nor should we. :)

SORRY ANDY

From Tesla website:
"ACTIVE AIR SUSPENSION
Much more than a great ride and handling package, the active air suspension combines automatic advantages with on-demand features. As Model S accelerates, it lowers the vehicle for optimized aerodynamics and increased range. Use the touchscreen to raise or lower Model S when traversing deep snow or pulling into steep driveways"

All I was asking was if this existing feature would be automated with the already existing Home Link. Seems like a no-brainer to me and a perfect match for many folks. GPS for bumps and other things would be a nice addition, but the meat and potatoes IMO is your own driveway. And this does not require any additional software/hardware. Just connecting the two systems the car already has.

Model S Features | Tesla Motors

SORRY ANDY

From Tesla website:
"ACTIVE AIR SUSPENSION
Much more than a great ride and handling package, the active air suspension combines automatic advantages with on-demand features. As Model S accelerates, it lowers the vehicle for optimized aerodynamics and increased range. Use the touchscreen to raise or lower Model S when traversing deep snow or pulling into steep driveways"

All I was asking was if this existing feature would be automated with the already existing Home Link. Seems like a no-brainer to me and a perfect match for many folks. GPS for bumps and other things would be a nice addition, but the meat and potatoes IMO is your own driveway. And this does not require any additional software/hardware. Just connecting the two systems the car already has.

Model S Features | Tesla Motors

No apology needed. The actual behavior is that when the car reaches a certain speed (50 mph?) - the suspension lowers. I suppose the web site is technically accurate, because the only way to reach 50 mph is to accelerate.

I should have been more clear in what I said, re-stated here:

"...the 2012 version will only automatically adjust the air suspension based on highway speed. You can manually adjust it when the car is going less than 15 mph."

The feature to automatically adjust based on GPS is a good suggestion - asked, answered, and suggested to Tesla already. :)

This is documented in our growing Model S FAQ. The Air Suspension items are at the top - alphabetically.

Everybody tends to forget that the car is supposed to have voice control eventually as well. Once that update comes, hopefully you could just say, "Set suspension height to high" (and, "Open the garage door"), so the only button you'd need to hit would be the one on the wheel to trigger the voice comman.

Everybody tends to forget that the car is supposed to have voice control eventually as well. Once that update comes, hopefully you could just say, "Set suspension height to high" (and, "Open the garage door"), so the only button you'd need to hit would be the one on the wheel to trigger the voice comman.

And the Model S is quiet enough that it even has a chance of working.

Good point. Is there a voice button on steering wheel? I saw a phone button, but not a voice one.

Yes. Upper button of the right-hand thumb area.

2E0F544C-7893-4E2E-980C-BD2959A69F8E.JPG
FAEA4CE0-B2FB-4DEE-AA41-F4CCB70403D9.JPG

Last edited: