Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Active road noise reduction - temporarily unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lx93

Jan 1, 2022
Reno
I have the model X refresh with firmware 2021.44.25.2 and in the audio tab under active road noise reduction it says temporarily unavailable.

Anyone else with the refresh X can confirm if they can turn this on successfully?

I have the model X refresh with firmware 2021.44.25.2 and in the audio tab under active road noise reduction it says temporarily unavailable.

Anyone else with the refresh X can confirm if they can turn this on successfully?
I have the exact same issue on refresh model S. Has been like this since I took delivery of the vehicle. I created a mobile service request.

@jboy210 - manual says:

"To ensure active noise reduction operates effectively, avoid covering the microphones (with seat covers, etc.). Active Road Noise Reduction may disable if a window is rolled down, door is open, or the fan is turned up."

I've verified that none of those events are present in my vehicle and STILL: TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE.

I have the exact same issue on refresh model S. Has been like this since I took delivery of the vehicle. I created a mobile service request.

@jboy210 - manual says:

"To ensure active noise reduction operates effectively, avoid covering the microphones (with seat covers, etc.). Active Road Noise Reduction may disable if a window is rolled down, door is open, or the fan is turned up."

I've verified that none of those events are present in my vehicle and STILL: TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE.
Anyone in the rear seats? Apparently, that disables the ANC also, at least on the X.

See this thread for more information. See page 4 of this thread, How effective is active noise canceling in a car?

I found this in the X manual available online.

Note
To ensure active noise reduction operates effectively, avoid covering the microphones (with seat covers, etc.). Active Road Noise Reduction may disable if a window is rolled down, door is open, or the fan is turned up. Active Road Noise Reduction also disables if there is a rear passenger in the vehicle

Also, some people are saying the hardware is just not there yet.

I had the same message then one day it switched on. The funny thing is that when I checked the same screen again the other day, it didn't say anything about the status.

1642752389998.png

Reactions: AyDeeElSee
Will be interesting how they address this . . . . I have mobile service set up for Feb 20. TBD.
Please post what information you receive. However, I would not be surprised that the feature is not enabled yet. Telsa has been shipping cars with some items missing (ex. USB ports not installed in Ys) due to parts and technology issues. This is V1.0 of ANC for Tesla, so I expect some issues.

Reactions: AyDeeElSee
Update: It's finally working well for me. Model X refresh.

It's interesting as it seems to calibrate every time you get in the car. It can take anywhere from 20 sec to 2 mins.

It does seem to make a difference. The other day, I felt like the road noise was greater than usual so I checked the setting and it showed the message on the right. After I turned the fan down, it calibrated and the road noise was less. Also, it will optimize for all passengers, not just front seat.

3-7-2022 12-10-46 AM.png

Just curious, anyone else not have the option at all yet? Have 2k miles on my refresh S LR and still nothing showing in the audio settings. ver 2021.43.201

View attachment 778168
I have the same SW version as you do and I don't have this option either. I've had the car for a month now connected to wifi daily and it's still on this SW version. Only did 1 small update since I picked it up, no new features.

Reactions: Zarwin