TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Active safety - side collision avoidance

Discussion in 'Model X: Driving Dynamics' started by Kevin Harney, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

This was in the presentation from about 7:55 - 8:20. Apparently the car will steer to avoid a side collision on its own. Anyone have more info on this from being at the event. I find it odd that this was glossed over so quickly with such little detail and no one has really mentioned it or started a topic on it .....

2. Newb

Newb Member

3. Kevin Harney

4. Panu

Panu Member

I noticed that too. But looking at this page Model X | Tesla Motors there are only these:

These sound like the same what we have in Model S.

5. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

What Elon implied was active steering being added to the current capabilities. There was actually very little said about the SW side o things, even though the demo cars were running 7.something--I think he has perhaps learned his lesson about talking up AutoPilot anymore until it ships.

6. anxman

anxman Member

This is also my belief. I think he pulled a big blunder by marketing autopilot so early. I think he's gunshy a bit now about overselling features before they're ready.

7. robertvg

robertvg Active Member

I can tell you that my car whilst in traffic jam yesterday when another car approached me to much on the left it automatically steered a bit to the right. At the same moment you hear 3 times an alarm sound.

8. 1208

1208 Active Member

Elon should have focused on the AP being about safer driving than easier driving, in the same way he focused on the safety of the X founders delivery.

9. Kevin Harney

10. Spidy

Spidy Active Member

How does the Tesla driver not notice that at 0:28 and anticipate what might happen? I mean due to the slight corner it's right in his view...

11. mmccord

mmccord Member

Any feature that turns off good charlotte is a must have.