Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Active safety - side collision avoidance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This was in the presentation from about 7:55 - 8:20. Apparently the car will steer to avoid a side collision on its own. Anyone have more info on this from being at the event. I find it odd that this was glossed over so quickly with such little detail and no one has really mentioned it or started a topic on it .....

This was in the presentation from about 7:55 - 8:20. Apparently the car will steer to avoid a side collision on its own. Anyone have more info on this from being at the event. I find it odd that this was glossed over so quickly with such little detail and no one has really mentioned it or started a topic on it .....

I noticed that too. But looking at this page Model X | Tesla Motors there are only these:

providing the driver with real-time feedback to avoid collisions

blind spot and side collision warnings

These sound like the same what we have in Model S.

What Elon implied was active steering being added to the current capabilities. There was actually very little said about the SW side o things, even though the demo cars were running 7.something--I think he has perhaps learned his lesson about talking up AutoPilot anymore until it ships.

What Elon implied was active steering being added to the current capabilities. There was actually very little said about the SW side o things, even though the demo cars were running 7.something--I think he has perhaps learned his lesson about talking up AutoPilot anymore until it ships.

This is also my belief. I think he pulled a big blunder by marketing autopilot so early. I think he's gunshy a bit now about overselling features before they're ready.

I can tell you that my car whilst in traffic jam yesterday when another car approached me to much on the left it automatically steered a bit to the right. At the same moment you hear 3 times an alarm sound.