Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Active Spoiler after software update?

mob7988

Sep 12, 2019
california
I have a model X P90D with the active spoiler. After the most recent software update, the settings were changed.
Before the update the spoiler would lower slightly when the speeds reached 45mph.
It would then extend back to regular height when speeds slowed under 10mph and fully close when parked/locked.

Now after the update, the spoiler remains closed and only goes up when speeds reach 45mph.

I know Tesla stopped offering the active spoiler but I was wondering if anyones "fixed" spoiler became "active" after the latest update?

aesculus

Still Trying to Figure This All Out
May 31, 2015
Northern California
I am still on 20.36.11 and staying there until my eMMC chips goes south and I have to prove it. First it was no more art work on USB music and now this.

Isn't the view out the back blocked by the spoiler when under 45 now? If so that is a safety issue.

And I suspect you have done the usual scroll wheel reboot and perhaps a power off? The other method is to change the wheel size and then change it back again to reset things.

Reactions: RossRAllen

RossRAllen

Sep 10, 2015
St. Helena, CA
I have a model X P90D with the active spoiler. After the most recent software update, the settings were changed.
Before the update the spoiler would lower slightly when the speeds reached 45mph.
It would then extend back to regular height when speeds slowed under 10mph and fully close when parked/locked.

Now after the update, the spoiler remains closed and only goes up when speeds reach 45mph.

I know Tesla stopped offering the active spoiler but I was wondering if anyones "fixed" spoiler became "active" after the latest update?
Sounds like a bug. The US-required center rear brake light is not visible when the spoiler is stowed.
Why does Tesla have to mess with this?
BTW my ‘16 P90D has an active spoiler and I don’t want to lose that feature.

RossRAllen

Sep 10, 2015
St. Helena, CA
RossRAllen was correct. software glitch. Did a soft reset with scroll wheels and the active spoiler settings returned back to normal.
It was fun while it lasted. Reminded me of my old porsche panamera.
Glad that fixed it. Aesculus originally proposed this process.
Tesla pushed 2030.48.37.6 yesterday onto my X. Spoiler works properly, but I couldn’t find a way to refuse the update except to disable Wi-Fi. And I didn’t want to do that. I was very apprehensive that the spoiler functionality would be affected.

tengtengvn

Apr 5, 2021
Silicon Valley
Have you seen less power consumption when the car is sleeping with this update? Mine went from 1% lost overnight to nothing after installing update. I haven't changed any settings and the weather is the same as last week before the update.
Actually, last night I came home with 89% and when I left the house this morning, it saw 90%. Somehow the car gains 1% range by sitting overnight. lol

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
Have you seen less power consumption when the car is sleeping with this update? Mine went from 1% lost overnight to nothing after installing update. I haven't changed any settings and the weather is the same as last week before the update.
Actually, last night I came home with 89% and when I left the house this morning, it saw 90%. Somehow the car gains 1% range by sitting overnight. lol
your car sleeps? must be nice...

Reactions: Art VandeIay

tengtengvn

Apr 5, 2021
Silicon Valley
your car sleeps? must be nice...
Or whatever it does when it turns off... lol
When I sat in the car and powered it off from the menu, after sometime, I could hear the AC turn on and air coming out from the footwell. It happened at night so it must not be the COP. Not sure if that causes the drain.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC