Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Active Spoiler after software update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you seen less power consumption when the car is sleeping with this update? Mine went from 1% lost overnight to nothing after installing update. I haven't changed any settings and the weather is the same as last week before the update.
Actually, last night I came home with 89% and when I left the house this morning, it saw 90%. Somehow the car gains 1% range by sitting overnight. lol
It can change base on the temperature difference between when you parked it vs the next day.

My Model X is doing the very same thing after the software update. I'm now on 2021.12.25.7 and the spoiler does not extend until 45 mph. I've done both a soft and hard reboot, but the spoiler bug remains.

Given the safety issue, I would assume a fast follow software update to fix this config problem.

My 2016 P90D just started doing this after the update that was done last night. I’m also on 2021.12.25.7.
I did the soft boot when parked and nothing changed but after I drove a bit, parked and locked the car (for about 5 mins), came back and the spoiler was moving like normal.

That's not 'the latest'. I'm running 2021.4.18.2 and my active spoiler behaves the same (at the various speeds you describe) as it always has.
Ok they just pushed 2021.12.25.x to my car and it still works fine. This is a peculiar issue, affecting some and not others, and often resolving itself.

Never knew it changes ar 45mph til I read this thread. Checked for it last night on the freeway, sure enough, lowers a bit.

One last totally off topic thing, I was wondering when I would get this update (I don't have software updates set to 'advanced' so I accept that I'm not going to be the first guy to get a new release, they just seem to come whenever), and after taking it into a tire shop it magically appeared. Just a tire shop, not a Tesla service center. I wonder if even your local lube joint puts the car in 'service mode' to do its work. I know any time I get the car back from an actual Tesla service center there's a new update waiting for me; it seems like something about servicing a car requests the latest update.

Reactions: GoCanes
Wild speculation here...but wasn't the original Model X (with active spoiler) advertised with a drag coefficient of 0.24? If I remember correctly, the pre-refresh 2021 MX was advertised with a Cd of 0.25. The refresh, however, has returned to 0.24.

Evidence that the refresh could have active spoiler? Seems sensible if Tesla is modifying spoiler behavior with new software updates. That said, I suppose it's totally possible that the minor front-end modifications to the refresh account for the 0.01 Cd difference between the MX variant produced at the end of 2020 and the advertised specs for the refresh.